weird problem with my new computer....

sef24

Baseband Member
i just built this computer and its very fast and i love it.

i get on in the morning, play cod mw2, and crysis. full settings, no problem.

i go to work

come home and the comp turns on, seems to be fine but no picture is coming up on the screen. its not just black, but the monitor says there is no input connected.

it first happened the first night i finished building it. woke up late night because i was downloading wow. seen it was off and it wasnt brining up any picture when i turned it back off.

woke up the next morning and it was fine.

few days later i was playing crysis, i got some weird fps and it went to a blue screen and turned off. did it again. though 15 mins later it started working.

so yea it decides to work half the time and i have no idea whats going on. is it failing on me?

Try putting the monitor on a different DVI port. If it happens again, put video card in different PCI express slot. If it happens yet again, swap the video card with a different computer and see which one has the error.

well i came back in to turn it on again, and it started working. so yea idk whats going on. it just decides to work when it wants to.

Have you checked the temperatures on your video card during use? Such intermittent problems could be the sign of overheating.

no i havent, though i do have the coolmaster full case. which has 4 big fans on the top, side, front and back. along with holes all over the tower for better air flow. so not sure if the v card is over heating just with the cooling system that i have already.

Sounds to me like the driver is just crashing, have you tried it on a different OS or reinstalling the drivers?

well yesterday i was on the comp for most of the day, and it went smoothly. no problems at all.
though this morning i turn it on and it went fine, but i left it alone and had to leave the house for about 30 mins. i come home to find its done the same thing again.

leaving it alone while its on has made this problem happen 4/5 times i believe. is sleep mode making something go wrong? can i stop it from doing it and see if it helps? also the mouse red light, and my keyboard lights will not turn on when the comp is on, when this problem is happening

oh and my comp specs are
gigabyte p55-ud6 motherboard
radeon xfx 5770 g card
corsair ddr3 2x2g ram
corsair 750w power supply
1tb wd hard drive

well now, i seen I had the comptuer power cord pluged into a multiple power cord which was plugged into another and that was was plugged into the wall.

idk if that would cause it to not get enough wats to run the computer but i switched the 3 connects into two (comp cord to a port, into the wall) and it started working.

Make sure everything inside the PC is connected securely and try clearing the CMOS. You should see a small jumper labeled something like CLEAR_CMOS. Remove the battery and switch the jumper over for around 30 seconds. Put it back and reinstall the battery.

Like GibsonSGKing said, it could be a driver issue. You could try uninstalling and reinstalling your video drivers.

Make sure everything inside the PC is connected securely and try clearing the CMOS. You should see a small jumper labeled something like CLEAR_CMOS. Remove the battery and switch the jumper over for around 30 seconds. Put it back and reinstall the battery.

Like GibsonSGKing said, it could be a driver issue. You could try uninstalling and reinstalling your video drivers.

IDK about the driver thing though if the USB ports aren't getting power either...

It may very well be that it wasn't getting a clean supply of power, and couldn't boot back from hibernation.

Back
Top Bottom