Random Chit Chat

Our piece of crap security system just decided to be schizophrenic or something and started going insane for no reason at all (it is not a carbon monoxide alarm, just on doors and windows.) It was shrieking so loud it woke the entire neighborhood up and took me five minutes to disable the damn thing because there is a lock on the main circuits, and the controls were frozen up.

The reason for all this crap? It wanted to warn us that the battery is running low and needs to be changed soon. I think it got our attention.

christ, that's some low battery warning :D

I overclocked my cpu to 3.7ghz :) but it was already OCed to 3.6 from 3.2 previosuly before my new heatsink, and its still cool at idle 34c and max at times is 44c-45c

There is an ipad on lockerz right now how is that possible if it doesn't come out until may ish. Also wtf everything has doubled in ptz price too so now it really is impossible for a non z lister to get anything. :(

ive got a lockerz account but never go on it and wow, doubled pntz is crazy

omg time is slipping by like crazy today just because i need to do a load of boring marketing work for uni tomorrow ugh!

The X300 in my dad's computer is on it's way out so I replaced it with a 8400GS this morning.

lol ya

It is.

So I did not sleep again last night. How long can someone go before they go insane from lack of sleep?

your body will make you pass out to rest.

Man, going to bed makes me feel depressed.

I have heard of people going insane after a few days of not sleeping.

I have had a headache the last 2 days and I can't make it go away. I really need to sleep, but I can't. Took four benadryls yesterday and got maybe 30 minutes of halfway consciousness.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. If you truly read up on it, there have been studies done showing that there is no harm from insomnia. Now, there's a BIG difference between insomnia (naturally not being able to sleep) and staying awake (making yourself not be able to sleep). I can't remember what text book I was reading, but there was a man who didn't sleep for a large part of his life. He had no bed...nothing. Just a rocking chair that he would sit in to relax and take a breather. Never suffered an ailments because of it.

I'd have to dig out that book though. IIRC, it was one of the first documented cases of insomnia from the early 1900s I think.

I don't think there have been enough studies on it, though, IMHO. I know that laying down each night lengthens and decompressed your spine...I'm not sure how you would not have back problems if you didn't at least lay down. I suppose if you kept a good stretch regimen....

wtf, just blue screened during crysis, it couldnt b due to temps surely, although there was a lot of warm air being blown out side fan :/ i blame it on my gpu

and easy way to get to sleep, just knock yourself out :D

Back
Top Bottom