Looking for a laptop

Swisherillo

Solid State Member
Re: Age differences and relationships

sorry to be off your subject, i just joined this forum, for 2 days ive been going nuckin futs over finding a nice laptop in the 500-750usd range, for runnin games ex. wow, soon Diablo3, those type of game maybe, COD newest version...alot of laptops i find tho are intergrated vidcards which im told is poo, so anyone no of a great site/place to find such deals or laptops plz respond

"""IM A NEWBIE"""

Is there any chance you can extend your budget?

A little more will give a lot more performance on a laptop.

If not, I am off to the egg to scan for deals for you. :)

750 is the max i got a 4month old son now but i crave the RPGS! lol so i basically am lookin for the POOR MANS SPECIAL :) i no nothing about laptops never owned one wish i did, just got my income taxes tho and feel like i need one now :) would be awesome to get some help

BTW , the post on the site people are smashing on the better of the 2, 1 guy sayin it was broke when he got it lol

Take newegg reviews with a grain of salt. Yes the laptop is refurbished, so there is a slightly higher chance of you getting a DOA one, but if its dead, you get a free replacement. I have actually seen people give fake reviews on things because they were jealous that they didn't have one.

Working refurbished models are typically new models that someone just returned after opening. They are fine.

I am currently typing this on a refurbished ASUS laptop. Had it for a year, no problems whatsoever.

This seems like a very legit response, which is what worries me, specially gettin a refurbished,

Pros: Bought it for $774-Recertified.
Fast and generously spec'd for the price.
e-sata and hdmi out.
2nd internal HDD bay.
Firewire is a plus for me but agreeably not for most.
Cons: A little too big. Feels like I'm carrying around a coffee table.
Glossy black...why? When is this company going to learn that people hate dark glossy finishes.
It was obviously pre-owned by someone who tried to use it as a dustpan while eating buffallo wings and powdered donuts. It looked as if someone at the egg made an attempt at cleaning it, but it definitely didn't look new until I thouroughly cleaned every crack and crevice and blew crumbs out of the keyboard.
The power brick is the largest I have ever set eyes on and the male power connector is long and comes straight out of the laptop instead of the right angled type. This style can break the DC reciever off its solder points.
The trim lights are superfluous and useless unless you are the shallow aberrant type who wants a laptop that looks like a carnival ride (I would rather have a backlit keyboard than sparkly decorations).
GPU temps reach 160F (Seems kinda toasty).
Other Thoughts: As usual Newegg stands alone when it comes to bringing people good products at incredible prices. Most of my gripes, which I consider to be legitimate, are with the design approach that ASUS took with this product. I have only had it for 1.5 days at the writing of this review but in that time I have played a few graphically intensive games for several hours without incident.
So far I saved $500 by not buying the laptop I wanted but got most of the features I needed, and I am thus far pleased with my purchase.

Back
Top Bottom