Need help picking out a vcard

It's done. After 200 something posts in this thread it's DONE lol. This thread must be pissing you guys off by now huh?

I'm so stoked, I hope there isn't some kind of problem that stops this from working like my mobo or somethin'.

Nope, we have no problem with long threads. It just means the OP is being extremely thorough.

Nah, it will be fine. Basically, if it fits, it works for video cards.

Many of us actually enjoy long threads. Like he said, you're being thorough, and it's always cool to see everything get optimized so well.

If you're worried about compatibility, don't. The only thing that will hold you back at this point is a DOA part, which does happen from time to time, but that's easily fixed. he only thing you really ever have to worry about compatibility with is your CPU...with anything else, basically, it'll work if it fits there. (sometimes there's RAM issues but that's uncommon...)

Yes well I won't be upgrading ram anytime soon. My mobo only fits 2 slots and they're only compatible with 1gb or smaller sticks, which is what's already in there, so I can't increase my ram without buying a new mobo.

I'm thinking I might want to just upgrade 1 piece at a time instead of buying a whole new system, you know? Maybe next I'll buy a new case because this inspiron 530 is TINY. It took me 30 minutes to get my psu out because it was so packed in there and everything was blocking it. To be honest, I don't even know how it came out in the end, it seemed like it was physically impossible without removing the mobo.

I removed and reinstalled the psu in my REALLY old computer for practice, and it's got a big case, so it was easy, but this inspiron is hard to put up with.

I'm thinkin' I'm gonna get a case next, then a mobo, then some ram, then a new processor. Now the one thing I know NOTHING about is the hard drive and disc drive or whatever, I don't really understand why people upgrade those. I mean I have 300 gb of space, that's enough for me, what's so special about getting these $150 hard drives? And what's the deal with the cd rom drives? My drive reads cds, isn't that all I need? I don't see the benefit to upgrading it.

*edit*

I just took a look at the pics of the PSU, and it DEFINATELY has a lot more wires than my other PSUs have. My other ones have a cord for the mobo, the disc drive, and the hard drive. The new PSU coming in has like... 8 or 9 wire endings :S

I said I had an inspiron ages ago. And...the mobo seems normal to me =\

Is this going to conflict with my psu or gpu?

If not, then the answer is to simply buy a case and mobo at the same time, is it not?

If you put in a video card is the fan on the top or bottom?

They're pretty much all different from what I've seen. Some are mounted on the opposite side like you've mentioned, but I've also seen a good bit of them with a mATX board on the normal side. I guess it all depends which one you have... Either way, they're still wonky :p

Back
Top Bottom