Random Chit Chat

What case?

Who's this directed to?

I see, but is it good to have the SATA cable all scrunched up in there?

EDIT - how does the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 compare with onboard sound in terms of quality and performance?
I don't know if this is true anymore, but I was told a sound card can increase the performance in games by 1FPS because it takes work off of the CPU.

1FPS won't justify anything for me. I just stick with onboard sound, or I use my Alesis mixer that I use for home recording. I've only ever used 2 channel audio, so all that fancy pants surround stuff just doesn't appeal to me.

My computer has been running just fine with the SATA cables where they are....don't really know why it would affect anything. It's not like I rolled the cable into a ball and stuffed it somewhere where it wouldn't fit. Then you'd probably risk breaking the cables inside.

I see. I noticed you use a fan controller, how's that working out for you?
They seem like they will only be useful for me when I'm either not using my computer and want it on or sleeping and turn down the fan speed.

It's great. I prefer analog controllers (such as mine). I keep everything on low (all my fans are high-flow anyways, so low isn't "non-existent" or anything). Then when I game, I crank everything up.

I've got my CPU on the first, my GPU (aftermarket Zalman cooler) on the second, my front intake on the third, and my 3 - 80mm case fans wired together into the fourth. My UV CCFLs are on the 1st 5v/off/12v switch, and my purple CCFLs on the second switch.

wow im bored sh**less tonight, really empty and boring, music, games nothing doesnt comfort any interest - might watch a film or something before i waste my night away - this is why i wish my friends had money on tuesday nights to go out with

It's great. I prefer analog controllers (such as mine). I keep everything on low (all my fans are high-flow anyways, so low isn't "non-existent" or anything). Then when I game, I crank everything up.

I've got my CPU on the first, my GPU (aftermarket Zalman cooler) on the second, my front intake on the third, and my 3 - 80mm case fans wired together into the fourth. My UV CCFLs are on the 1st 5v/off/12v switch, and my purple CCFLs on the second switch.

How much did you pay for yours?

Seems reasonable. Would be nice to turn down my fans, but then I would hear my GPU fan pretty easily. I'm gonna see how my computer works out first, then pick one up later.

Back
Top Bottom