Photos of retail GTX 470, GTX 480 leaked

we may just need one of these to play crysis 2 when it comes out. Pretty soon a gaming computer will be the main cause of an outrageous hydro bill lol. There are already 1000W PSUs out there and if we need even more power to something that will likely be on and running for most of the day so these better have good throttling abilities when game rendering is not happening.

HD 5xxx actually cut down power consumption from the HD 4xxx equivalents.

nVIDIA just fails at this.

No idea if these benchies are real or not, but they seem about right to me.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=23032

But with Cat. 10.3, the 5870 will be a lot closer to the 480.

i really dont see how Nvidia makes there money, you just get more for your cash going ATi, and ATi seems to support more options to...

Now, funnily enough, we, along with many others, use those four games in our testing suite. Some of the improvements are clearly significant, so has AMD/ATI been holding back performance and readying the full force of the Radeon HD 5000-series architecture just before GTX 480/470?

Driver

i hope.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=23028&page=4

Got to ask why you hate nVIDIA so much.

me?

i dont hate it

its just why would you spend so much more for something, when you can spend so much less with ATi, and still get over 30fps in a game and still make it playable? makes no sence, its just wasting money. no one can tell the difference game wise between my 4850s 60fps in HAWX, to a 295s 200fps. i mean really. if someone has that much to spend on a GPU, they have to much money.

lol OK.

But what you want is for the GTX 480 to be as fast as possible. Why? Because the faster it is, the more it will drive ATI's prices down.

Just think of it that way. ATI will always be the price/performance king.

lol you consider 30 fps playable? I consider 30fps a migraine.

lol OK.

But what you want is for the GTX 480 to be as fast as possible. Why? Because the faster it is, the more it will drive ATI's prices down.

Just think of it that way. ATI will always be the price/performance king.

lol you consider 30 fps playable? I consider 30fps a migraine.

you read into things to much, which makes you come off as a dick.

and what i said was 60fps, not 30.

and i didnt say for the 480 to be as fast as possible. i said for the ATi's new drivers to be as fast and efficient as possible. ya know why? because it shows ingenious design of the software. and i admire that. Real companies get the most, out of there product.

~peace homie.

what i said was 60fps, not 30.

and i didnt say for the 480 to be as fast as possible. i said for the ATi's new drivers to be as fast and efficient as possible. ya know why? because it shows ingenious design of the software. and i admire that. Real companies get the most, out of there product.

~peace homie.

You did say 30 fps but w/e idm.

I agree with this 100%, I was just bringing up another point. The faster the GTX 480 is, the cheaper the HD 5870 is. I really hope that ATI has another performance boost saved up for us after the price drops, but that wouldn't be a wise business decision. The smartest thing to do would be to get it out right when nVIDIA releases their biggest card, which seems to be what they are doing. Though I am sure there will continue to be small increases for a while.

i really dont see how Nvidia makes there money, you just get more for your cash going ATi, and ATi seems to support more options to...

Fanboys/loyal customers?

and what i said was 60fps, not 30.

I think he meant this...

its just why would you spend so much more for something, when you can spend so much less with ATi, and still get over 30fps in a game and still make it playable? makes no sence, its just wasting money.

Back
Top Bottom