Method of decreasing spam

Please do not ban free email providers.

I think something like a picture Captcha would be better. I like the method used on BSoD. Perhaps ask the user to pick out pictures of David Lindon. lol.

I think we should try a different approach.

32.5769s=34^77(8<square root of 593.6>)/(6.94/(11*(-17)))

s=?

And they have ten seconds. If they get it right, they are clearly not human and should be denied access.

lol. Actually might work, since the spambots all managed to beat the forums tthat put math problems instead of a captcha.

But I agree, please don't ban free email. All I use is a Gmail account because cox kept deleting my email for some reason.

Yeah. And I'm registered through my hotmail.

Some people don't HAVE ISPs also. Some people just bounce off WiFi (I'm not saying stealing...could be coffee shops, friends, etc.) with no ISP.

There are a few ISPs that don't include email in their internet package also. It costs extra.

and there are people in college, people who live in apartments, a few cities have free wireless citywide (I think New Orleans still does)

Don't ban free email address providers. If everybody used their ISP address, then Free email providers wouldn't need to exist.

I'd consider banning Chinese IP addresses. I know that might sound racist or whatever, but I dont think anyone here posts from china, and a disproportionate amount of Spam comes from there.

Don't ban free email address providers. If everybody used their ISP address, then Free email providers wouldn't need to exist.

I'd consider banning Chinese IP addresses. I know that might sound racist or whatever, but I dont think anyone here posts from china, and a disproportionate amount of Spam comes from there.

We could instead just incorporate a better quality of captcha questions. That is a way better idea than restricting emails, bad idea. As a web developer one thing I can tell you is you never want to discourage any audience coming from your site.
Unless your google :D

I have a couple ideas for some questions. It's really just how you word your questions.
For example if you use the word "click", the bot will then know it's a selection question such as color.

Another idea is to have the user point out certain images, such as a person that is sad, happy, mad. Computers can not determine this very easily.

I was on a Forum today that had something other then CAPTHA. This forum just had a simple question to be answered. It asked

"what is the written answer for 2+2?" With a text box beside it.

That was the human verification. I'm not sure if it would be better or worse. Its probably been discussed or is old. I seen it and thought I would post it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom