G15 v2 vs. G100

alright kid ill give some reason. first the g110 has g19 keys and they are more ruberized better feel to it. And the media controller is slightly easier to use onb the g110 becuase the scroll and there are more g keys on the g110. And u can customize the backlights on g110 to basically anything u want by putting different shades of purple/blue/red. and the g110 has 2.0 V usb, G15 doesnt. Is that enough for u or should i list more?

I can tell you right now who is looking more like a "kid" in my eyes. Don't talk down on /anyone/ like you're the don-mega. You can be a grown-up when you stop trashing products with nothing to back it up, captialize, spell correctly, and start using "you" instead of "u".

Nothing personal, but I feel like you're glorifying a product because you own one and calling anything else "junk".

^ Agreed. The only real advantage the G110 has is having more macro keys, but if you need that many in the first place, you would be much better off buying a gamepad.

I can tell you right now who is looking more like a "kid" in my eyes. Don't talk down on /anyone/ like you're the don-mega. You can be a grown-up when you stop trashing products with nothing to back it up, captialize, spell correctly, and start using "you" instead of "u".

Nothing personal, but I feel like you're glorifying a product because you own one and calling anything else "junk".
What he said pretty much sums it up.

It's one thing to prefer something, and give the pros and cons that make you prefer it, but you are simply calling everything else trash because it's not what you own.

Hello everybody, Back onto the subject of the G15 v2 vs. G110

I have owned both keyboards and can give an impartial review.....

The G110 has extra makro keys as previously mentioned, however this makes it wider than the G15 v2 - The G110 may not be suited to all desktops. The G15 v2 is no wider than a standard keyboard and fits nicely on my small desk - Thumbs up for G15 v2 there.

The score is 1-0 so far.

The G100 Features a headphone out and microphone out with USB v2 no additional drivers needed, just the logitech software which is provided. Opposed to the G15 v2 having no support for headphone/microsoft and only boasts USB v1.0/1.1.

The score is 1-1.

The G110 has extra makro keys + a headphone mute/microphone mute and volume scroll which makes it wider than the G15 v2, However the G15 v2 has an LCD screen which displays -Time Date Email Notification CPU/MEM and has media controls (fast forward,rewind,play/pause and stop + volume up/down button rather than a scroller and displays information on the LCD.

The score is 2-2

The G110 has 3 different LED colour settings RED, BLUE, PURPLE
The G15 v2 has only 1 LED colour setting which is ORANGE.

Score is 2-3 to g110

The G110 has rubberised type keys which after a short while become shiny, Personally I do not like shiny keys as they give a frequently used look to your keyboard. The G15 v2 keys seem different im not sure what material it is but so far no shine and also they seem more springy and the space bar feels better.... Overall the G15 v2 keys are much better.

The Final score is 3-3.. I think it will go straight to penalities!! :p

Depending if you have a large desk or if you have a smaller desk, or your pc setup is blue/red led or you want a LCD screen or usb 2 and headphone/microphone ports or you are on a budget...

Both the g15 v2 and g110 are smashing keyboards and I wouldn't expect less from Logitech, If your in the market for a gaming keyboard I would seriously give both of these keyboards a good look and make my decision based upon my own setup and needs... Just to mention Logitech now have a new G19 which replaces the G15 and new G510 which replace the G110, however I believe both have the rubberised keys.

You can mod the G15 v2 for a blue led setup quite easily if you know what you are doing and you could use different coloured LED's for instance RED or BLUE

Have a look at this site, I have used google translator because it is in German.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&u=http://www.g15-blue-mod.de.vu/

Overall my personal opinion is the G15 v2 is the better of the two because of the non rubber keys which won't become shiny after a short period and the fact you can pretty much change the LED's to any colour you like providing you know what your doing.

I'm going to go out there and just say that looking at both keyboards if you have one don't bother buying the other. Its just a waste of money to get a keyboard with slightly different features. So unless you can justify to your self that there is a reason to buy another 80-100$ keyboard should just leave well enough alone. And I guess the only other question is what are you using it for? Is it just for gaming or is there some application/program that you use that has need for the 12 macro keys instead of the 6 on the g15.

Back
Top Bottom