Health care latest: House debating Republican objections

So can someone non-biased explain the bill to me? This was an explanation from a biased member at CTR:

Think of it like this...

The insurance companies cant turn you down...and everybody will be REQUIRED to have it.

So, here's the math:

Since the insurance companies cant turn down "high risk" cases anymore... rates will go up.

Since everybody will be required to have it, you'll be forced to pay the premiums, no matter how high they go. Thus, companies will deduct more out of your paycheck to cover the expenses. Hence, less money for you to collect in your paychecks + companies will charge more for their products and services, which will drive up the prices for the things you buy.

But, you WILL have health care coverage! <- Thank god for the government, without whom, we could never live without!
rolleyes.gif

By the way, this bill did NOTHING to LOWER the costs of the medical industry. they just now have a larger captive audience to rip off.

Probably because it's something that could make a positive difference in the lives of many Americans.

And a negative difference for the ones who don't like it? That's the thing about politicians. They never really go for what the people they represent want, they go for whatever they think will keep them in office the longest. And since I'm sure their pockets are stuffed full of cash, it makes no difference to them what the prices are on everything. I really don't keep up with politics and I make what I want out of everything I hear and see on the tele (which isn't much anymore). So go ahead and make your criticisms on the above, I'm just putting out my $4.99.

My post on fb was:

45 mil don't have healthcare, yet 10% of all people 20 and older have diabetes, and 25% of people over 60 have it(America's 5th deadliest disease) If they dont have healthcare, how can they afford diabetes supplies? Would you rather save 3% of your paycheck and let people die or spend a little?

But I don't fully understand the bill yet.

This is why it's important to view things for yourself, but it's a HUGE document. There are always "summaries" but each one of those is biased, whether the author admits so or not. Everyone wants the bill to seem bad or good based on their position. I haven't read it and therefore can't argue on it with any backup knowledge. I'm all for the idea of helping those in need, but they sure as hell should have to meet us (those helping) halfway. It's like welfare, I don't mind it at all. But it pisses me off when I hear about people living off of welfare (a couple living together and collecting separate welfare checks to run their family) and not even attempting to get a job. Everything good can be taken advantage of and turned into something bad.

I really wish this didn't get half assed. Seriously, I think they should have just adopted canada's system, or the one in lot of European countries and called it done. Do it right or don't bother.

This is why it's important to view things for yourself, but it's a HUGE document. There are always "summaries" but each one of those is biased, whether the author admits so or not. Everyone wants the bill to seem bad or good based on their position. I haven't read it and therefore can't argue on it with any backup knowledge. I'm all for the idea of helping those in need, but they sure as hell should have to meet us (those helping) halfway. It's like welfare, I don't mind it at all. But it pisses me off when I hear about people living off of welfare (a couple living together and collecting separate welfare checks to run their family) and not even attempting to get a job. Everything good can be taken advantage of and turned into something bad.
Exactly, same thing with unemployment...

I think for this healthcare thing I am biased though. I am all for helping people as well, but I am diabetic for one, and for two, I am in a major with 99% placement in high paying jobs...
The problem is, everyone who is sick now will be getting healthcare and running the insurance companies dry of money, but eventually it will all balance out I think... Takes some time though.

So can someone non-biased explain the bill to me? This was an explanation from a biased member at CTR:
That about sums it up as far as we can tell. The majority of the democrats who voted for this bill don't even know what's in it. Hell, it's main proponent Nancy Pelosi has no clue what was in the bill.

Back
Top Bottom