Health care latest: House debating Republican objections

Golden Master
Washington (CNN) -- The House is set to vote Sunday on the health care bill passed by the Senate in December.
Here's the latest on what's happening on Capitol Hill:

4:39 p.m.: Asked her reaction to the deal over abortion funding, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said, "We're very pleased that we have more votes for the bill," CNN's Kevin Bohn reports.

Looks like it'll pass.

I honestly don't care anymore. I'm so tired of everyone bitching about it one way or the other. It doesn't matter to me. My views on life have changed so drastically over the past 6 months that it truly makes no difference to me.

I am all for health care. As for it being REQUIRED that I am not for. Really, I blame the big companies making everything so pricey the public can not afford the pills. Take for example Advair without insurance is $150 (for lowest douse) though with the insurance it was $20 and then $10 more as the douse went up.
Go after the big wigs, not the small wig civilians.

I'm just sick of people complaining that they'll have to pay more to support other people. It just ticks me off. I will gladly pay more taxes or whatever so that more people can have health care. The moment people start complaining about the money they'll have to spend is the moment I stop listening. People become slaves to money. They make it their god. They think that it's going to bring infinite joy and happiness. That's a mound of crap. Big, stinky, fresh dog crap. Die tomorrow and what did your money ever do for you? Zilch. There's a difference between being financially sound (able to have shelter, food, water, education of some level) vs being an old rich asshole who hounds their money and complains when they have to (GOD FORBID) spend it on other people besides themselves. That and all the bitchy people on Fox and CNN.....complain complain complain. Give me something positive. Gahhhhh! It makes me want to pull my hair out. Frickin ridiculous.

/Rant.

I don't mind paying more taxes to help other people with healthcare, but the thing I worry about is how much of that is actually going to go towards healthcare. I am afraid it's going to end up like social security where the government just starts taking money for other random things because it is there. How often is the government actually efficient at doing something?

I'm just sick of people complaining that they'll have to pay more to support other people. It just ticks me off. I will gladly pay more taxes or whatever so that more people can have health care. The moment people start complaining about the money they'll have to spend is the moment I stop listening. People become slaves to money. They make it their god. They think that it's going to bring infinite joy and happiness. That's a mound of crap. Big, stinky, fresh dog crap. Die tomorrow and what did your money ever do for you? Zilch. There's a difference between being financially sound (able to have shelter, food, water, education of some level) vs being an old rich asshole who hounds their money and complains when they have to (GOD FORBID) spend it on other people besides themselves. That and all the bitchy people on Fox and CNN.....complain complain complain. Give me something positive. Gahhhhh! It makes me want to pull my hair out. Frickin ridiculous.

/Rant.
Money may not buy you happiness, but it sure as hell can buy you a Mustang, and that is pretty much happiness.

In all seriousness though, I agree with this post completely... I'm not sure if this healthcare bill is the best way to go about it, but I'll wait and see...

Right. I mean, because everyone's opinions are different, there never will be a "best way" to go about it. But at least we can say we tried. That's the thing I think I get worked up about most. People bitching at each other back and forth for months with NO PROGRESS. I just hate politics. Absolutely hate them. So much power to be abused, so many advantages to get a hold of, as well.

We'll just have to see. That's the thing. We'll just have to see.

We so often sit and debate with each other...tear each other down. Why? Why do we feel that this is accomplishing something? Why compare the few things we disagree on instead of seeing the unity? I know I might sound like a nut case right now, but truly, why do we always feel the need to be "right", when "right and wrong" in politics can be severely subjective? It's just...ugh. It's endless.

yeah i know, like this chick Monica. Shes 18 having her 3rd kid doesn't even know who the father is. Our state taxes are going to help her out. She won't even get motivated to look for a effin good job. When she comes to me, I'm like fuc that I'm not going to help you. It's a hard world out there not trying to be mean. But I work my ass off so I'm going to have to help her anyways huh. I can understand for people that are responsible. So Healthcare is required now I guess. I don't agree with that. but its going to be funny seeing her get taxed for not having it. You might say thats mean but w/e thats her fault for not even trying lol why should i pay more to help her out(rant)

CNN said:
10:48 p.m.: The House passes the Senate health care bill, 219-212. All 178 Republicans opposed it, along with 34 Democrats.
The House then moved on to consider the reconciliation package.

^

Back
Top Bottom