Random Chit Chat

Teny: I have a link to a $25 water/air cooler for them. It's pretty awesome looking, let me know, and I will try to find it. Would not cost much to set up a GPU only loop, or I think it can function as an air only cooler as well. In the meantime, let's see OCN peoples top this.

dsci0305.jpg

Rep to anyone who knows if you can extract a stream URL from a Flash object.

I need to get the stream from the adobe flash object on this page (my campus radio station): usiouxfalls.edu/kcfs

I have no experience, so I don't know if this is even possible. I want to see if I can get the stream URL so I can open this in iTunes or something else besides my dumb browser.

I cannot even figure out how to get to the live stream.

I see, got any pics as an example? I usually only see ramsinks in the front where the GPU is at.

Really?

I just PM'ed you the linky. After a little searching, idk if these things can do air only cooling, but they definitely perform really well on water. I have yet to figure out why cooler master would design such a contraption, but for that price, it is awesome.

How effective are those ramsinks on the back?

The cooler does look pretty cool. I would like to water cool my system, but I kind of don't have the money right now.

Also, how effective are these PCI coolers?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835114024
I was thinking of getting one, and putting one in between the 8800GT. If it only cools down a couple of degrees, then I won't get it. If it cools about 5+, then I will consider it.

Cool. I'm gonna see how Thursday goes. I am going to change the thermal on both cards, and have a case with better airflow (hopefully). If they aren't that great, then I will get an aftermarket cooler. People told me that when they originally go 90c went down to about 75-80c by changing the thermal compound. Hopefully I will get that much of a difference, wish my room wasn't this hot during summer...

This just occurred to me. How do I put the ramsinks on?

Most people use some sort of paste that is more effective. Anyone know what that is? I am trying to find some. It isn't just ceramique is it? I will feel stupid if it is.

Back
Top Bottom