GUIDE: Liquid Cooling Systems

For the time being, I have some loops laid out, for a bunch of different budgets. Please let me know if you see anything that will be an issue, or if you know of anything that would be better for any of them.

EDIT: lol I hit the 10,000 character limit.

Actually, loop order does matter. I stressed it because a total n00b at this might get totally confused while building it and do a backwards loop or something (i saw it once)

If you have a lot of components in the loop, you definitely don't want the CPU last.

I actually made my video card 2*C cooler by putting my second rad after the CPU.

From what I've seen, people aren't seeing differences in temperatures in changing their loop order. I don't know how, but I'm no thermal engineer. On the other hand, 2 degrees isn't a phenomenal difference either, but a gain is a gain.

My dad is a thermal engineer and he advised it a while back, which is why I tried it, despite what people on OCN told me. So I dunno. CPU temps stayed the same, but the temps of my GPU and NB dropped, so hey why not?

Definitely. I could see the same/increase in temps if the only way you could arrange it would be in a way that resulted in a significant loss of flow (90* elbows, excessive tubing, etc.).

I also found that more tubing helps if it creates more even curves. I would think this would matter more in higher flow systems, since I only have a 500L/hr pump, but the fact that it made a measurable difference at all means something.

Back
Top Bottom