Time to overclock

hemp

Daemon Poster
I built my computer about 8 months ago or so if you guys remember. I haven't thought about overclocking it until now though. I would like to overclock my CPU, RAM, and graphics card if possible.

My cooling is fine to do all of this, I just need someone who knows how to do this to explain the process and steps to me. My rig is posted in my sig and I can link anything you need.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

What RAM do you have, as well as cooling on CPU, and load and idle temps of the video card?

If you are looking for just increased gaming performance, you should get a new video card. The 9500 is not typically a gaming card. Overclocking it will add a couple of frames, but not much.

Once I get more money I think I am going for a 5750 or something along those lines, but CPU temps are normally around 40c, and my GPU is around 40. Right now it is very hot in my room so they are usually a little bit lower then that.

My RAM is 2Xthis. I have some other random stick in there I can't remember why I put in, but I will take that one out.

Well, you can just bump the fsb in the BIOS for small overclocks of the CPU and RAM.

Run furmark, stability test, with temp logging and after six minutes, give us your max GPU temp.

Wait, 40C in prime95, or idle?

Use CPU-Z and GPU-Z to verify overclocks.

Does is matter that I running some other programs and downloading things? Will that effect it any?

Alright here is 6 minutes of running it.

furmarktest.jpg

Stock coolers for RAM and GPU, I can't remember which one, but I bought a new cooler for the CPU.

Back
Top Bottom