Diagnosing a laptop

ha alright thanks, i mean really dont need it the thing has a dual core with 3.1ghz each core but i just want to do it to say i did it lol mainly want to overclock the ram. But I seriously would rule out a mobo but i would take a few steps before i get to that point. I mean your right if he runs that he could heat it up to the point where it just dies

hey foot what do you think is better hardware or software for overclocking? by no means am i an expert at this at all i have been in the biz for over 2 yrs doing desktop/sysadmin work but never go into overclocking

The thread will stop running and say that there was an error.

I meant what will this mean I should do. If there is an error does it confirm that the processor is fried? If thats the case, would it be easy to replace the processor and be on my merry way?

I wouldnt start at this point just yet i would clean it out first pull the keyboard off and get all the gunk out of it clean ram slots just clean it. And then fire it up see if any changes then you can go to the point of stressing it out cause you do not want to fry it man

so you have pulled it all apart already then. I t of dont want to say this is a mobo issue seening as you say it stays on for a little bit of time and when it overheats it shuts down. Maybe a heat sync issue, fan not working properly. But hey havnt checked it out so I have no clue. I put my 2 sense in so if stressing it is the next step footheads your man

If you feel comfortable opening it up, then reapply TIM with some arctic silver 5. You can buy it at radioshack, best buy, or pretty much any computer store. The key is to use a very tiny amount. When you put it on, it should be the size of a plump grain of rice.

Back
Top Bottom