Well this is.. umm.. a fail?

haha! he emailed me this morning (i asked if he would take $100) and said he would go no lower than $350 AND he keeps the battery.
Seems a little, uh, overpriced. Consitering I can get the identical truck WITH a good body for $150

lol, he basically took an exploder and choped it into a Ranger. Except a Ranger has doors, an enclosed cab, and sides to the bed with a tail gate. Plus the axle is on the bottom of the leaf springs instead of above, lol, I say thats worth it's weight in scrap - towing costs, no more. I bought a Fox Body Mustang for $500 with Rousch suspension, 5 lug converstion, 5.0 wiring harness and Computer... No way a cut up 4.0 is worth 1/4 of that.

If you put a little weight on the back it might be pretty good offroad because its so light. I told him I'll give him whatever price a scrapper would (guessing about $100), just for the engine. It's only got 133,000 km's on it, and my dad's 1991 Explorer XLT has over 400,000kms, so it might be good for an engine swap...

LOUD thing though, incase nobody noticed theres no exaust. just a straight pipe

I wouldn't pay 10 dollars for the engine. If it has been treated the same way as the rest of the truck then it has probably not seen a service or oil change for years.

I wouldn't pay 10 dollars for the engine. If it has been treated the same way as the rest of the truck then it has probably not seen a service or oil change for years.
Hahah, that's true. The 4.0s are pretty tough though. Mines at 120,000, I just took it on a 500 mile trip, and she still runs strong. Nothing much done except regular oil changes and just seafoamed it and changed the plugs.

Back
Top Bottom