Please Help, Internal Hard Drive Quistions

googooflexy

Beta member
Ok Guys, I need some help in figuring out a solution to a quistion I've really been wanting to know the answer too.
Ok, so I have a computer, it doesnt really matter what computer, but ive got one, and I want to be able to hook an internal hard drive up to it without putting it in the computer, I want to be able to hook the hard drive up to the computer from up to three feet away, while still using an internal hard drive, can you guys step by step explain a way for me to do this? or is there a "extension" type cord out there that i could use?

Thanks
James

if ya got any ideas you can AIM me at Iamconfused56383
post here
or email me at James@viachrist.com

hahahaha so what you want is an external internal hard drive... interesting

Keep in mind, internal HDs are more fragile and sensitive so make sure you keep it in a good spot! Here's what I would do:

1. Go to staples or newegg and find a REALLY long IDE cable (this is what you need). Then, from newegg, also buy a long power extension connector (unless your PSU has cords 3ft long).

2. Punch out one of your PCI steel slots and just slip the cords through there and connect

out of curiousity, why do you want the internal hard drive out there?

Yeeeeeeea, that's strange, but you're gonna have to go into the computer to conect it. Like a reaaaally long IDE ot SATA cable, unless they make some crazy IDE to usb, or sata to usb converter.

if you have a internal ide, and you want to put an external ide in, you can't.
well at least thats what i think any way.
the ide cable picks up bothh hard drives on its way to the mobo. the two conectors for the hdds would have to be about 3 feet appart! i have never seen such a cable.
if anyone has please post a link, i would like to see it.
anyway, thats my two peneth worth.
woz

My computer has no sound, i think I deleted the hardware when I reformatted it, but it could be something else. I don't have the recovery CD or the instillation CD. My computer is a gateway and I use windows xp, i need the sound by tonight can anyone help me? or atleast make it so that the sound works when i plug headphones in? Thanks

hahahaha so what you want is an external internal hard drive... interesting

Keep in mind, internal HDs are more fragile and sensitive so make sure you keep it in a good spot! Here's what I would do:

1. Go to staples or newegg and find a REALLY long IDE cable (this is what you need). Then, from newegg, also buy a long power extension connector (unless your PSU has cords 3ft long).

2. Punch out one of your PCI steel slots and just slip the cords through there and connect

out of curiousity, why do you want the internal hard drive out there?

internal and external hard drives are the same when it comes to being fragile and sensitive, they both operate the same and have the same moving parts, the only thing that makes external drives tougher is that they're physically enclosed in a case...

Back
Top Bottom