Is this possible....???? I have always wanted to do it.

Kinda sorta off-topic, but is there any difference in audio quality between SPDIF and optical?

Kinda sorta off-topic, but is there any difference in audio quality between SPDIF and optical?

S/PDIF is optical.

Or do you mean the older, coaxial S/PDIF? I can tell the difference, but it might be because of the crappy cable we used to use before the optical one. It picked up interference.

It's possible I guess that the Digital to Analog converter could pick up interference from a bad lead, if its really sensitive.

Digital signals, whatever the connection should however be the same

It is a coaxial cable. My current sound card does not have an optical output port, but the receiver does.

There should be no difference in sound quality. Least, not to my knowledge. They both carry digital 0's and 1's

Thanks for the posts so far. I would be using this for dvds, and game disks to, not just audio files, I may buy a cheap dvd drive off ebay and do some testing.

Thanks for the posts so far. I would be using this for dvds, and game disks to, not just audio files, I may buy a cheap dvd drive off ebay and do some testing.
Just image all of your discs to your computer. You can use something like MagicISO, Nero, Alcohol 120% to do that. Then you can use Daemon Tools Lite to mount the images. I buy my games and then image the discs to my PC and lose the disc into the blackhole that my room is.

Back
Top Bottom