Best GPU?

Wrist thingy = waste of money.
touch your psu to discharge yourself, then as long as you aren't wearing socks or something you will be fine.

I bought the little dust grilles on ebay a couple years ago, and have been using the same ones ever since. Work flawlessly and they were like $3 for a pack of 5.

Thank you a whole lot.

I hope to continue tomorrow, I have to get off the computer now.

I will look for some grilles, but other than that, I'm all set to buy the video card, and that's great.

Cheers,
Joshua

Was just wondering what is the best gpu my laptop can go other than the 9600mgt i honestly prefer ATI cards i found in another thread someone is able to put a 3870 onto this laptop by getting a msi g627 heatsink if i get that heatsink what would i have to do in order for it to fit properly and anyone know if the heatsink has copper for the gpu?

Was just wondering what is the best gpu my laptop can go other than the 9600mgt i honestly prefer ATI cards i found in another thread someone is able to put a 3870 onto this laptop by getting a msi g627 heatsink if i get that heatsink what would i have to do in order for it to fit properly and anyone know if the heatsink has copper for the gpu?

I need specs.

Or at least a model number.

XFX is making crap cards now. AFAIK, their 4870s, 4890s, 5770s, and 5750s are all on crap pcbs where they put vrms that do not allow software overvolting, and there are even some where they cut crossfire plugs. They also have major reliability issues because they are constantly switching parts trying to save themselves every cent possible.

Avoid XFX at all costs nowadays. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

XFX is making crap cards now. AFAIK, their 4870s, 4890s, 5770s, and 5750s are all on crap pcbs where they put vrms that do not allow software overvolting, and there are even some where they cut crossfire plugs. They also have major reliability issues because they are constantly switching parts trying to save themselves every cent possible.

Avoid XFX at all costs nowadays. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

Hmm, I got a 260 core 216 from them in August, perfect for me :)
Did they only start on the newer cards?

Yep, and its only on the ATI cards afaik.

I heard that Nvidia was gonna drop them as a manufacturer, but I think they worked something out, since I haven't heard about that anymore.

Its really quite a shame because I used to be a big fan of XFX cards. I actually got one of the last good 5770s for my brother's computer.

Back
Top Bottom