Random Chit Chat

Yeah, when I put the Vendetta 2 on my old AM2 build, it blocked off 2 of my RAM slots.

I probably won't set up SLI till Monday now that I think about it.

EDIT - Quick question, how much of a performance will I get if I added another 2GB to my system? I will switch over to 64-bit of W7 when I buy the RAM BTW.
I'm thinking I won't get a major improvement, especially in the games I play. Probably about 2-3 FPS at most I would think.

Only if the amount of ram you currently have isn't enough to run everything. In other words, if you use up all of your ram while playing your game then adding ram will make a huge difference. If it's not all being used up, then adding ram will make absolutely no difference whatsoever. The speed of your ram will affect FPS, not the amount (unless it's not enough, like I mentioned before).

Only if the amount of ram you currently have isn't enough to run everything. In other words, if you use up all of your ram while playing your game then adding ram will make a huge difference. If it's not all being used up, then adding ram will make absolutely no difference whatsoever. The speed of your ram will affect FPS, not the amount (unless it's not enough, like I mentioned before).

Indeed. Some people don't get this and spend way too much money on 12GB of RAM they will probably never use.

I run W7 64-bit and game on 4GB just fine.

The only thing I run along with a game is FRAPS, everything is closed. However, doesn't W7 take a lot of memory resources? I think I lost a couple of frames after I switched from XP to W7, or my eyes/FRAPS deceive me.

I don't have any direct comparisons, but I didn't notice any big performance drops when moving from XP to Vista. What I did notice is that a little stutter I had with XP disappeared with Vista/7 in COD4. I think it might be with the way memory is handled.

I don't have any direct comparisons, but I didn't notice any big performance drops when moving from XP to Vista. What I did notice is that a little stutter I had with XP disappeared with Vista/7 in COD4. I think it might be with the way memory is handled.

WDDM issue. It happens with NV and ATI cards.

Really? Maybe I should turn off Aero then.

Is there a program I can run alongside when I am gaming to see how much of my RAM is being used?

Back
Top Bottom