Removing Genuine software thing

Mike Nowakowski

In Runtime
I have a Toshiba Tecra 8200 with Windows XP professional and recently that Get Genuine software poped up and i followed it to fix the probloem and it wanted me to buy a new operating system i dont want to, so how do i remove this with out purchasing anything.

I dont know but on the bottom of the computer there is a registration code thing but its for Windows 2000 professional and i dont have that on the computer.

Long and short of it is the copy of windows you have most likely isn't genuine, and therefore the message isn't going to go away voluntarily (Microsoft put it there for a reason!)

If you're 100% sure that it is genuine, call Microsoft and ask them to sort it out - mistakes like this aren't unknown and do happen. If it isn't though, I'm afraid your only legal option is to get a truly genuine copy of windows.

I have a Toshiba Tecra 8200 with Windows XP professional and recently that Get Genuine software poped up and i followed it to fix the probloem and it wanted me to buy a new operating system i dont want to, so how do i remove this with out purchasing anything.
Did that copy of yours came with your Toshiba Laptop that you brought?
If yes, you can go to the seller of that laptop and let him fix that thing.
I knew it is covered on your warranty.

There is a Windows update that does this problem. Can't remember the number, though. You will have to start clean (Back up your data, wipe your HDD, reinstall Winders).

Back
Top Bottom