Random Chit Chat

^^^
Yeah, I think so. The Vendetta 2 HSF came with the push pins, and I don't feel safe using push pins except on lightweight coolers and stock HSF.

Really? Google said they had different spacing between the screws.

If you look at the retention bracket, you will see 2 holes for each end for the HSF. Unless you are talking about something else.

I'm sure it would be safe as no manufacturer will provide push pins if their HSF can't support it. However, I would like to know that it is secured.

Fair Enough. Although i just realised that im thinking of another computer i built.

On my PC the V2 clips in using a bracket that attached to the Plastic Bracket around the socket...

retention_module_am2.jpg

Why not just mod it and use a simple bolt and wing nut?
Because my modding skills are bad. I can never do things like this, I end up screwing it up one way or another, which is why I rather spend some money that already does it for me.

Fair Enough. Although i just realised that im thinking of another computer i built.

On my PC the V2 clips in using a bracket that attached to the Plastic Bracket around the socket...

retention_module_am2.jpg

Is it possible to put something like that on a 775?

Yeah, I know. I've always liked the AM2 clip, it felt so secure, kind of a pain to install and remove as you need quite a lot of force.

Yeah, I know. I've always liked the AM2 clip, it felt so secure, kind of a pain to install and remove as you need quite a lot of force.
Me too. Except I don't like how you can't mount most aftermarket heatsinks vertically. I had to buy a custom bracket to mount my Xiggy vertically.

In other news:
34 people were charged with M.I.P.'s today at our local St. Patrick's day parade. Silly kids; drinking in public is for adults.

Back
Top Bottom