taxes....

Like a backup power supply. ;)

I had one. Its a 700w gamexstream. Currently in the HTPC because its 580w was insufficient for the 4850 x2.

I am currently using a 200w for the video card and a 250w for mobo, cpu, drives, etc. It works for benching and such.

My mom said she will do the whole form for me, but wasn't sure if she needed to or not, and if it would do anything for me. So thanks everyone. I'll get a little bit back it seems.

I used TurboTax this year to file mine and my parent's. Parents got quite a bit back, I didn't owe or get anything. (because I started my business and pretty much broke "even")

I had one. Its a 700w gamexstream. Currently in the HTPC because its 580w was insufficient for the 4850 x2.

I am currently using a 200w for the video card and a 250w for mobo, cpu, drives, etc. It works for benching and such.

My mom said she will do the whole form for me, but wasn't sure if she needed to or not, and if it would do anything for me. So thanks everyone. I'll get a little bit back it seems.

Yeah, you should just file even if you don't owe or get much/anything back. It's just good habit and you really should anyways.

I don't owe or get any returns for my state returns, but I'm still filing them. I'd rather not have to tangle with the IRS if something comes up.

ah no.

like hospitalization, car accidents, IMPORTANT things.

Yeah, the money I get back from returns is going straight to my savings account.

It is definitely a good idea to file for your return. Since you only made such a small amount you should qualify to get everything you paid in minus medicare and social security. You could use turbo tax, or one of the many tax preparers places. If it is your first time I would just be careful if using turbo tax but it is relatively easy since all you really do is fill in the blanks. You don't have any type of investments or anything so you can do a str8 form which is pretty cheap and you can set it up for direct deposit if you have a bank account. You could always just play it safe and go to HR Block or somewhere like that, it may cost a little extra but they do everything for you and guarantee it so if anything is wrong the IRS doesn't come after you for it. Also if you have a file cabinet MAKE SURE TO SAVE YOUR TAX INFO FOR AT LEAST 7 YEARS. I have folders for mine 1 folder for the current year because I use many things as deductions such as health care expenses for my family, house interest, phone, computer, investments, donations, school payments, etc. But then I have a seperate folder for a 7 year period for example 2004 - 2011. This is because if you are ever audited by the IRS you need to be able to produce at least the last 7 years worth of tax forms. This also prevents them from trying to say well you stated you spent this much on this now prove it, if you deducted anything like a donation or cost of something. This is not as important to you as it may be for others but it is good practice to get into file storage because it makes it easier later when you really need to.

I used TurboTax this year to file mine and my parent's. Parents got quite a bit back, I didn't owe or get anything. (because I started my business and pretty much broke "even")

I used turbo tax for the last few years and was pleased but you will not get as much back as if you know a good CPA in most cases. Working for the federal government gives a ton of extra deductions my wife and I qualified for that turbo tax didn't pick up on. For an extra $115 for a CPA to do it as opposed to Turbo Tax we ended up with $4200 more for a return but it will take about 2 weeks longer because we used snail mail instead of e-file. It is definitely worth the wait :)

But for most people with just a str8 W2 it is pretty cheap because they do the federal free thing. We have to used an itemized deduction one though because of our house, investments, donations, school, and exemptions so it always cost us a bit more than a usual person using it. But all in all it did a great job but did miss a lot of the deductions we are eligible for due to work.

I dont think that you have to file if it is under 5k, but since you are a depended you will have to mark that on there and you will not be getting very much back because of that. You have prolly put like 300 bucks into taxes and your prolly only going to get like 50 bucks back not a huge return but its something.

Well, we are in a small town and are limited for CPAs...especially price wise. Our old tax guy screwed a lot of shit up so I told my parents I would be doing it from now on. We don't have any "odd" deductions and whatnot, so I'm not too worried about it.

Also, I'll never e-file. It makes it that much easier for them to audit. Make them do their own damn work if they wanna scrutinize my return. F-in complicated a** sh*t anyways...dumb taxes. Man. If they weren't so stupid and complicated, I wouldn't complain. BAH!!!!!!!!!!!! /rant.

I use tax act online and i e-file. I got my return in 5 days

Ah do you get your returns via direct deposit? I would've done that, but I didn't have a check on hand for my account and routing numbers at the time so I selected mail instead. Oh well, I'm supposed to get my money on March 30th if all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom