LCD TV Deals?

At 8 feet, I don't think you'd really notice a difference between even 720p and 1080i/p. UNLESS you will using your computer with it.

Jeez. Does Australia just have crappy deals? I got my Panasonic 1080p for $440 shipped. The exchange rate can't be THAT drastic between US and Australia is it? (I just googled it. That would have been $480 in AUD).

Can you order from Amazon in Australia or is that only US?

Shipping would defeat the entire purpose of ordering from them.

By the way, it's a misnomer to call the television 1080i. It's actually 720p.

What?

1080i is a high-definition television (HDTV) video mode. The term usually assumes a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, implying a horizontal resolution of 1920 pixels and a frame resolution of 1920×1080 or about 2.07 million pixels.

720p is the shorthand name for a category of HDTV video modes. The number 720 stands for the 720 horizontal scan lines of display resolution (also known as 720 pixels of vertical resolution), while the letter p stands for progressive scan or non-interlaced.

Cheers guys! And yes australia has crappy deals on electronics/tech. You can blame that on GST/Import Taxes/Tax In General. I'll probaby go with the Panasonic :D

This powerful combination delivers clear, dynamic and realistic pictures, which is sure to make a lasting impression on you. Full of outstanding features and technology including a lead and mercury-free panel with 1366 x 768 resolution, 3000:1 contrast ratio and a 100,000 hour panel life.
Please read.

Well, 1080i and 720p aren't the same thing.

1080i is 1080 horizontal lines, interlaced.
720p is 720 horizontal lines, progressive scan.

Because 720p is progressive, it'll look similar to 1080i in terms of sharpness.

Because 720p is progressive, it'll look similar to 1080i in terms of sharpness.

They're two very different formats. I suggest you do some reading to find the properties of both resolutions. It's much more complicated than that.

They're two very different formats. I suggest you do some reading to find the properties of both resolutions. It's much more complicated than that.

I know that...so why in the world did you say this:

By the way, it's a misnomer to call the television 1080i. It's actually 720p.

Actually. I think I get what you were saying. You were specifically talking about THIS TV's specs. My bad. I did notice that, too but was a bit confused. The panel specs are 720p (max resolution), but it looks like it accepts 1080? Correct?

Actually. I think I get what you were saying. You were specifically talking about THIS TV's specs. My bad. I did notice that, too but was a bit confused. The panel specs are 720p (max resolution), but it looks like it accepts 1080? Correct?
;)

Haha. Sometimes I read WAY too fast.

You know, I was like "there's no way that J is getting wrong...I better read it again". That's what I said to myself when I read it the first time and was so confused.

Back
Top Bottom