Random Chit Chat

The CPU's are socket 940. The retention plate is different from that of a desktop. The only heatsinks I can find that fit it are for 1U servers which doesn't really help. I want to put something like a Xiggy on these CPUs.

There are only 2 screws to mount the heatsink to the retention plate, they are on opposite sides and slightly offset (~1/4 inches) from one another. Like this:
AK-390_f00.png

Not sure if there's anything out there that will fit this that doesn't rely on the 40mm fans in front of it.

put a scythe on them. Epic silent and they keep it extremely cool.

Modding would be super easy too. All you need is an aluminum plate, cut a square hole, drill six holes, and you have a new retention plate.

^ Is it neodude? :p

I really wish I could get more rep on overclock.net... I need 35 to try to sell a video card, and I currently only have 22. You only get one point whenever you get repped on there, even if its from a mod or admin, so it takes quite a while. I want to try to trade my 4870 x2 for a 5850.

Don't have a sellers account, and it has a waterblock so it would be hard to sell.

If I put the stock cooler back on, then I would have a random block that I could get maybe $40 for.

Back
Top Bottom