I am a noob and I have an emergency

Pretty sure the video card i was looking at was this:

BFG Tech BFGR73256GSOCE GeForce 7300GS 512MB(256MB on board) 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

or this:

3D Fuzion 3DFR55256P GeForce FX 5500 256MB 128-bit DDR PCI Video Card - Retail

pretty sure i only need a d-sub.

I did read a review or two from people having trouble getting the GA-P55M-UD2 to recognize all 8gigs of ram. Should i worry? Also, should i invest in cooler for the i5? COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 looks nice, but I don't know if i need it.

i'm pretty sure i want a terrible video card. i'm not gaming or photoshopping or working with 3D graphics. i'd like to spend under 50.

Here are sonar's requirements:

Minimum:
1024 x 768, 16-bit color

Recommended:
1280 x 960, 24-bit color or higher

i guess 32-bit wouldn't kill me though

I would go with either of these cards, both are 512 ram, 256 bit, which is all you really need imo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102824

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130535

they are both with $5 of eachother, but the EVGA card has a bit more streaming processes to it. both of those cards should do well for what your doing, I haven't had a problem with 2 moniters running Sonar 8 with about 25 plugins running on my 4gb's ram, and a EVGA 7900 GS with only 128mb ram, both of those cards are Much better than what I'm running.

edit:Ignore my suggestions..they are both at the $100 range. still leaving it so you have a point of reference for what m system was handling before I switch to Ableton.

The HD4550 is my fav so far. Staticc, those two are a bit outside my budget. I doubt i'll go dual monitor anytime soon, even though its the cool thing for audio engineers to do.

All the cards I posted support dual monitors. If you ever have extra money, it is def. worth it. I have quad monitors and am considering a fifth.

4550 will handle everything for quite a long time. Definitely a good card. And you can play little call of duty in your free time. :)

and its passive, so total silence. Being an audio engineer, you should consider a passive HS for the CPU, and some ultra low RPM case fans.

Back
Top Bottom