Help Im lagging :(

skiinny

Solid State Member
Hi I need help with this issue ive been having lately...I play world of warcraft and i notice drop in fps from 40-35 normally which is good for me to completely frozen for 1 or 2 seconds.I dont know whats causing this problem and came along here to ask for advice on what it could be...another thing is that it happens when im on youtube it even happens when im running around questing or even jumping around orgrimmar with my mount.And when this freeze happens I can move the mouse cursor but not my character or click anything which has lost me alot of matches lol.But it has happened to me before and I opened my laptop and cleaned it out and put it together and it worked i tried that again and it fails to stop the problem...So to make this simple sorry if i type confusing but everything is normal untill i start combat with someone and i freeze for 1-2 seconds fps is about 40-35 low settings on video and it happens while doing other things such as surfing the web.

Motherboard Manufacturer and Model:dell mp061,dell and inspiron 9400
BIOS Revision Number (if known):phoenix (02/05/07)
CPU/Speed:mobile,2000 MHz (4x500)
RAM Manufacturer/Type/Module Size:2048 mb (ddr2 sdram)
CDRW/CDROM/DVD Manufacturer and Spec:
Disk Drive(s): Manufacturer and Spec:st9120821as (111 gb, ide)
Video Card: Manufacturer and Type:ati mobility radeon x1400 (256 mb)
Sound Card: Manufacturer and Model:intel(r)82801 gbm/ghm(ich7-m family) serial ata storage controller - 27c4
NIC Manufacturer/Model:
Power Supply Brand and Wattage:
Operating System:microsoft windows xp professional
Anything else you think is relevant:razer naga is my mouse

Im a computer noob but i dont know if that would help because i have been using my computer normally for about 3 months since it last happened and it now just came back about 4 days ago im not sure how to upgrade drivers and such but i will ask my brother in law to do so for me.

I upgraded my video card driver but i still get these random freeze spikes could it be something else i did wrong to my computer?I cleaned out the dust from the fans and everything.I use the mouse ontop of the laptop maybe I was too rough on it lol.

What did you use to clean it with?

Get a program called Speedfan, it'll tell you the temperature of your gpu and cpu, it's free.

Ty for all the responses I appreciate them,well about the overheating i dont think its that since it happens when i just turn on the computer and logon to own people just to lag every 10 seconds or 30 its very random.I used cotton swabs and some air for the fans thats about it.

I dont know if this matters but I used task manager and went to cpu usage and played some wow while it was running and noticed that normally good fps was around 35-55fps and the cps usage was from 55-63% but as soon as my screen froze for those 2 seconds my cpu usage went to 1-3% and it just keeps rinse and repeating.Is it hardware idk please help me sry if im not giving the right information its just im really not computer smart :(

Well this week ive been working on getting my drivers updated but i could only do 2 in 1 day since im on the free driver max...im surprised I managed to stay at 2305 in arena this week lol.I'll post to see if updating my drivers works once i get them all up to date.:)

Back
Top Bottom