Just bought a new gaming rig.

$1950.

So my dual 260's wont be able to max the graphics in games? :( What would i need?

for X plane, prolly dual 5870s or an overclocked 5970. For Shattered Horizons, IDK haven't seen much, prolly 5850 CF would be plenty. ARMA II need two 5970s. These games are insane. But like I said, who cares if its at max? ARMA II doesn't have a huge difference, and visuals are not that great tbh. X Plane on max is what the industrial flight simulators use, so it is not a normal desktop/gaming rig type thing.

Well someone has the money...why did you even make this a thread? LOL. NICE!!!

It will run like 15 windows of WoW.

i know it will be overkill for the games i will be playing, i just like to be safe and have the extra power. the computer i have now has a nvidia 9500m GS graphics card, and i cannot stand when my wow slows down.
yeah its expensive for what it is, i know it can be built cheaper, but it has always been a dream of mine to own alienware, and im fine with that.

If you're happy with the purchase and you feel it was worth it, then that's all that matters I suppose. You'll be able to run everything you want on max settings with a perfect frame rate. Happy gaming.

If you're happy with the purchase and you feel it was worth it, then that's all that matters I suppose. You'll be able to run everything you want on max settings with a perfect frame rate. Happy gaming.

thanks, and no, i payed for it.

Neither will Xplane 9 or shattered horizons most likely.

depends on the framerate you want, but really, who cares if it is maxxed? Good framerates are much more important.

I would rather kill the settings to the point where a game looks like Doom II than play it at 15fps.

Words of wisdom.

Words of wisdom.

I had to do that on my friend's 'rig' to play UT3. It actually looks exactly like quake I with the settings reduced to minimum. Still wasn't playable though. 20FPS. The 7100 is a terrible card...

As far as shattered horizons, idk someone told me it was about the same as crysis, and screenshots looked pretty good.

I had to do that on my friend's 'rig' to play UT3. It actually looks exactly like quake I with the settings reduced to minimum. Still wasn't playable though. 20FPS. The 7100 is a terrible card...

As far as shattered horizons, idk someone told me it was about the same as crysis, and screenshots looked pretty good.

Sounds like he's way overdue for an upgrade. 20 FPS isn't even worth playing.

Back
Top Bottom