To the Guitar People

I've really been getting into tutorials on YouTube. It's allowed to advance in my chord knowledge. Been pretty easy so far for what I'm learning.

I've really been getting into tutorials on YouTube. It's allowed to advance in my chord knowledge. Been pretty easy so far for what I'm learning.

I just use Google when I want to learn a new song. I just type in "guitar chords for [song name]" and usually get quite a few sites to choose from. I also have the Ultimate Guitar Chord Chart in a PDF.

Oh, same here. I'm talking about songs with advanced chords that I don't know yet. Otherwise, yeah, I'll just go on Ultimate-Guitar and look em up, or use google if I can't find them there.

Oh, same here. I'm talking about songs with advanced chords that I don't know yet. Otherwise, yeah, I'll just go on Ultimate-Guitar and look em up, or use google if I can't find them there.

Yeah, like that D13 on Times Like These by the Foo Fighters? That chord just sounds really cool...

there are some pretty crapy fenders out there ya know lol.

depends on there pick ups and strings, amount of frets, Build of materials ect
Having some guitars that are bad doesn't make the whole class bad.

Uh.....yeah, the starcaster is pretty crappy. I've read some reviews on it that say they break easily and goes out of tune easily so you have to keep tuning it all the time....

So yeah, even Fender guitars can be crappy.
The starcaster is a starting guitar, it is not crappy. You have read some reviews probably from many brand new just learning guitarists. Who probably do not stretch their strings before they put them on.
As to the tuning all the time, it is a rule of thumb to always tune your guitar every time you pick it up, Period.

It is no SG or Stratocaster or les paul... But it's not Crappy.

www.musiciansfriend.com for the original posted question, if you have $500 for a new guitar, you can find a SLEW of them for $500 or very close to it on that site, as far as Fenders being crappy, its a matter of opinion, its more about the sound that you want, its based more off the type of pick up and amp you are using than the wood the guitar is made of (Now don't confuse that, wood does play a part, simply a Very minor one, you probably couldn't tell the difference in an ash vs. mahogany made guitar). If you are playing older classic rock music (Tom Petty type stuff) go with a Single coil passive pick up set, like a fender, if its classic and heavier, like AC/DC, go with a Dual humbucker passive pick up, like a Gibson, if the more modern rock, Atreyu/Mudvayne, go with a Dual Humbucker Active pick up, like an ESP. I do realize that that particular brand may not but what those bands Actually use, but its generally a good rule of thumb. and you can find decent guitars for each style for ~$500. Personaly, I do modern rock, and have done that for the last 9-10 years on guitar, I have a ESP F-250 with Passive Humbuckers, and just got a Checter Deamon 6 with passive humbuckers, I will eventualy replace the passives for actives, but the deals I got on those were to good to pass up.

For the guy wanting to learn guitar, Anyone can learn how to play guitar, and no I'm NOT talking about Guitar Hero, a Real guitar IS harder than that, but with enough effort you Can do it, and you don't HAVE to learn to read sheet music, I learned from TABS, and recieve a Great number of compliments on my guitar playing (Unlike my spelling). If you want to learn grab your dad's acoustic, and google some simple stuff, Iron Man, Smoke on the Water would be 2 Great songs to learn how tabs work and how to read them, after that you would be AMAZED at how fast you can learn a VERY complicated song, just remember its all about practice, the more you put in, the more you get out.

and lastly, yes my rambling is about to come to an end, I FULLY agree that if anyone is intending to learn how to play guitar to pick up chicks in anyway, Learn a few songs on acoustic, learn a Matchbox 20 song or 2, or Incubus, makes girls melt instantly.

Hope some of that helped.

Idk if that is spam or not, but i already am going to to Guitarcenter, i can get a huge discount.

Guitar Center was bought out by Muscian's Friend. so you are basicly buying from the same source, I do recomend go TO the store as opposed to buying online, unless you know Exactly what you want. this way you get to playwith a few different models and get exactly what you want.

Apologizes to the board, wasn't meant to be spam, just a helpful link. :)

Yea. I'm going to the guitar center and trying out many guitars to find one that suits my style.

Try the majors out and see what you think. Then, if you find within those what you like, you can branch off and try more. That's what I do when I try em.

I.E. Try an SG, an LP, a Strat, etc...the big name models.

Also, here's my view on different brands. People say "well, squier is to fender what epiphone is to gibson". I COMPLETELY disagree. Every squier guitar that I've ever played or that my friends have owned have been complete and utter shit. I own 3 epiphones and would never pay thousands more for a Gibson. Epiphones sound fine to me. They play fine to me. They are just fine, period. I would never recommend a Squier to anyone over the age of 10. I've played First Act guitars that sound and play better than Squier. Gah. [/rant on squier]

Back
Top Bottom