Random Chit Chat

Truckers don't get days off unless they ask for them off or aren't scheduled for a load. You don't just stop for a day on the road because it's Sunday.

Source: Uncle drives truck.

I measured resistance with a multimeter, calculated the current, and the voltage was the variable.

My calculations are probably a bit screwy because I had to calculate what the rest of the card would use, assuming the vcore was zero, then I subtracted that from the potential current the card can draw minus 10%.

I wouldn't rely on a cheap-ish multimeter for Resistance. If you use R=V/I (Measuring the Voltage and Current seperatley), and then take the resistance using the "resistance mode" of your multimeter, you will very often get a different result.

It was within 1% on the various resistors I have tested with it.

I need to burn an ISO of windows XP, except my parents dell is in the process of dying and has two (yes two) bad optical drives. I would put my DVD-RW drive in it, but mine is IDE and the pos dell only has sata. I tried to istall active@ iso on my brother's computer and it is once again loaded with viruses, and has totally screwed the OS. Windows explorer can't even function.

My brother really doesn't deserve nice things.

Hahaha best/worst review ever. This guy might even be serious...

What's great about it: The price! the quality! THE SOUND!
What's not so great: best buy wouldn't let me pay extra for them to send to monster

"This is the best cable EVER! i have been an audiophile ever since i quite being all my other 'philes'. I have dedicated my time to be the best audiophile i can. So much so that i bought all the best buys around me out of these cables because i need as many as i can get! Until now i've only used mercury filled, oxygen free, silver tinned, foil braded, tekflexed cables. They have been so good to me and my ears. But now i get this cable to go from my dvd player to my tv. It makes my tv sound like its a 5.1 system with full subs and all the bose tweeters hooked up in a wall all in parallel. The best i've ever heard. They did however get better when i hung them upside down for a few hours to let the electrons flow back down into the right orientation and direction. The i squirted some pure silver induced harmonizing fluid into the connector tips. This makes the connection so sweet and keeps the electrons from escaping when you are using them.
I only play movies and cds that have had their edges trimmed to 35 degrees. This allows the laser to relax and play better. I also rub my cds with a super special finishing polish that is $100 a bottle. Unfortunately it only lasts for 30 cds. I always unplug and turn off everything in the house that i can besides the tv and my audiophile ps3 that i have modded with extra resistors and capacitors to make "open it up". It gives it much better air and ambiance than it did before. But do beware. There are some serious scams out there that do nothing. But my super super tweeter is not a scam. it plays way above the human hearing threshold, but its purpose isn't to make music its to condition the sound on the line and that is exactly what it does! no more background noise, cross talk, and definitely more depth and breadth.
I highly recommend these cables for everything! you must use as many as you can to make sure all the data gets transmitted. My cable box has three hdmi plugs so i ran all three to the tv and get over 5x the clarity than i did with just one."

My server came today!

CIMG1280.jpg

CIMG1285.jpg

CIMG1287.jpg

It's pretty loud so I think I'm gonna put it in my closet on a shelf. I'll keep the door open a bit and I'm buying a temperature monitor w/ an alarm in case it gets too hot in there. I'll leave the door all the way open when nobody's home.

Specs:
Model: IBM eServer 326m 7969-91U
Dual Opteron 254's 2.8Ghz
4GB DDR 400 (8x 512mb)
73.4GB 10k RPM SCSI HDD
Dual 10/100/1000 Ethernet

All for $120 shipped.

It certainly was. It came w/ Windows Server 2003 Enterprise edition too. According to the eBay page it wasn't supposed to come installed w/ an OS. I'll probably still wipe it and do a fresh install.

Back
Top Bottom