To the Guitar People

Because i also dislike the amount of fret-buzz i get. It's made out of cheap wood that dents easily, the fret board is on a curve and the tuners stay in tune for a total of 15 minutes.

Playing my guitar is my coping skill from getting away for my anger problems, just makes sense to get a guitar im happy with, i have 500 dollars saved up for a new one.

Because i also dislike the amount of fret-buzz i get. It's made out of cheap wood that dents easily, the fret board is on a curve and the tuners stay in tune for a total of 15 minutes.

Playing my guitar is my coping skill from getting away for my anger problems, just makes sense to get a guitar im happy with, i have 500 dollars saved up for a new one.

You have truss rod issues.

That's why I suggested having it adjusted. A properly adjusted truss rod and bridge should eliminate fret buzz. I hear you, though. A quality instrument is a lot more fun to play.

Yea thats another thing, the frets are all uneven, i have it in standard EADGBE tuning and it buzzes still, but i can bear with it until i save up enough.

Yea thats another thing, the frets are all uneven, i have it in standard EADGBE tuning and it buzzes still, but i can bear with it until i save up enough.

I'm not familiar with the starcaster, but I'm assuming it has a bolt on neck. You could get a quality neck and just replace it. Between that and new pickups you'll have a decent guitar. Trust me, you'll be sad later if you get rid of your very first guitar. My first guitar was a piece of crap, too but I wish I still had it.

I'm not getting rid of it, i'm just buying a new one, maybe save for a few projects when i get more experienced with the internals of guitars.

There you go. That's cool. You should still consider an acoustic, though. Chicks dig it when you can bust out an acoustic and play something mellow and sing to them. :)

I'd love to learn to play the guitar someday. For those who know, does an acoustic and electric play the same way? In other words, if you learn to play on one then you can play on the other? I'd have to learn to read sheet music too.

I can't play acoustic for my life however i can play electric, reading music is easy.

Back
Top Bottom