Going on a date . .

flxjones

BSOD
so here's the deal guys. Im going on a date this wknd with a girl that ive been "persuing" for years (literally). All this time she had a bf and they finally broke up and i asked her if i could take her out to date/dinner and she said yes! shes the girl of my dreams. anyhow, i was thinking of impressing her on the first date and was wondering what you guys think i should do (ie buy her a card, flowers, gift, .....) i just want her to know that I reeeally do like her. so any ideas?

Hairy monkey

...in all seriousness, I'd just go with it, see where it goes and stop trying so hard! A lot of girls I know would be kinda freaked out if a guy turned up to a first date with flowers, cards, chocolates, hairy monkeys and naked astronauts. If things work out you'll have plenty of time to impress her later, and if they don't then I doubt a bunch of flowers (or a naked astronaut) would've made much difference.

Just impress her with your charms and manners and be funny. If you want to, get her something small and meaningful.

I say this is something you gotta figure out yourself. You are the only one that knows her. Also, you have known her for years, so shouldn't you have an idea of what she likes?

You don't have to get fancy to impress a girl on the first date. Dude just be yourself. Just take her out to a movie or something, if she likes you as much as you like her then she'll be content to just spend time with you, no matter what you do. Invite her over to your house and hang out and watch a movie or something casual, you know.

Don't make her like you by the things you buy or whatnot. She has to like you for you otherwise it's not worth either of your time. Don't impress her with one time acts. If you aren't going to act that way throughout a potential relationship, don't do it at all.

The only thing I really use to my advantage is my musical talent. Other than that, you just shouldn't try overly hard to impress unless you are gunna keep it up (i.e. if that's "you" naturally).

Edit: Tommy pretty much said exactly what I didn't have the words to say. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom