To the Guitar People

Holysky

Fully Optimized
I've had my crappy Fender Starcaster, yes the 130 dollar one for 3 months now. I think i have outgrown it now, i practice at least 4 hours a day. Am i ready for a new guitar?

id say practice for a year with it, wear the hell out of it. then get a new one.

you cant just go around buying guitars when ur only 14.

Go out and try some others to see if you find playing on them easier. The difference between a cheap guitar and a more expensive one (as an example, my old Squier '51 compared to the Fender Classic '50s Stratocaster I bought afterwards) can be astonishing. It's all down to whether or not you feel ready, really. Only you know how well you can play and whether or not what you are playing is holding you back. Worn frets, poor action and damage can make for far less comfortable playing.

You don't out grow a guitar in 3 months. You have to remember that the guitar doesn't make you sound better. It's the guitarist that makes it sound better.

I see so many people going out and getting these 3,000 dollar guitars when they can't even play.
If you still think you have "out grown" it. Then post a video on you tube and the link here of you playing.

EDIT: By the way, no Fender guitar.. Is "Crappy". Just because it's not a stratocaster doesn't make it crappy.

EDIT: By the way, no Fender guitar.. Is "Crappy". Just because it's not a stratocaster doesn't make it crappy.

there are some pretty crapy fenders out there ya know lol.

depends on there pick ups and strings, amount of frets, Build of materials ect

I hate Fenders. Personal opinion after playing guitar for over 9 years. But this is probably because I'm not a soloist. For that, I understand why lead solo would want a Fender...for that heavy twang and grind. But for what I play, I'll stick with my el-cheapo Epiphones. Love em to death. I have a 12 string acoustic, a $200 Les Paul Speciall II, and a used SG that I rewired with Seymour Duncans to single/dual switching. One of them needs to be moved to the LP though since they are both too bassy for the same guitar. Good for Blues though.

As a side note: I love my Washburn Acoustic 6 st. and my Fender acoustic/elec. 6 string. It's a T-Bucket. Best $300 I ever spent.

As another side note: If you want to pick up chicks--decent chicks (a little stereotyping probably--learn acoustic. A decent chick probably won't like a "shredder". It's why I never learned. No use for it. I have vocal talent and just needed an "aid" so to speak.

Okay. Here ends the preaching.

/guitar preaching.

Uh.....yeah, the starcaster is pretty crappy. I've read some reviews on it that say they break easily and goes out of tune easily so you have to keep tuning it all the time....

So yeah, even Fender guitars can be crappy.

The No-Brand Pick Ups are so Muddy i could've picked it up at a swamp, decent bluesy pitch though.

Instead of a new guitar, why not just replace the pickups? Maybe have it professionally adjusted (truss rod, bridge and such)? If you want to play a different guitar I'd get an acoustic and keep the electric. Besides, after playing acoustic for a while, you'll find electric is a lot easier when you go back to it.

Back
Top Bottom