Acer machine

catjazz

Beta member
This is a copy of a letter I am sending to Robert Watkins, Managing Director of Acer UK Limited expressing my utter dissatisfaction with the machine I purchased only 2 years ago.

"Mr R Watkins
Managing Director
Acer UK Limited
Heathrow Boulevard 3
282 Bath Road
West Drayton UB7 0DQ

Dear Mr Watkins

Re: serial number supplied date of purchase 9/2/2008

I am writing this letter in the hope you will be able to explain to me why my machine has packed up after only 2 years of use.

I am amazed that this machine has just packed up, especially as I did not pay for the extended warranty. Therefore does this mean if you don't pay extra for the extended warranty your machines will not last past 2 years.

I also find it incredulous that after having paid £54 to get the hard drive to Acer for the initial inspection of the faulty hard drive, I have now been quoted £173.59 to fix the hard drive. If I was a complete fool and agreed to this outrageous charge the total charges would amount to £227.59. Why would I want to pay this exorbitant amount to get it fixed? I would be better off getting a new machine (although I cannot afford to get a new machine). Obviously I will never buy another Acer machine as they offer no value for money.

I will be sending a copy of this letter to Watchdog, and all the PC magazines. I have also contacted Trading Standards as the fact this machine has completely broken down after just 2 years is way below the level of customer satisfaction and should be investigated.

I will also be actively encouraging people, family and friends, acquaintances not to purchase an Acer machine as they are rubbish.

Yours sincerely

Judy Abraham"

bit late to be sending a letter after owning something for 2 years...

2 years is getting up there for a PC..

should have just found someone local to fix it for you and saved all the Euros.

Don't expect much from them after 2 years. Stuff happens, things break, hard drives fail all the time. Like sniperviper said, you should have taken it to a local computer shop to be fixed, it's out of warranty so it won't matter. Would have cost less too.

I thought it was pretty solid. I always laugh when my friends buy acers. I could throw them something together for the price and be twice as better.

Replacing a hard drive is cheap and easy.. I would've done that or had a technician do it for you.

I drive a Hyundai which is a cheap car, but if something goes wrong I wouldn't buy a new car. I buy the part, and I fix it.. :)

Getting two years out of a machine and writing a letter is like sending back a steak when its 3/4ths eaten and saying it was made wrong. Most likely the chef will giggle a bit, and send it back.

Just another life lesson.. :)

Back
Top Bottom