Gallery: Your Television

I always try to use the dimmest setting on my televisions. It preserves and prolongs the life of the backlight.

LOL, I never paid any attention to the the Life spans on plasmas. I looked it up to see if I should be concerned...

the panel life on my plasma is 100,000 hours
If I watch my plasma 6 hours a day for 365 days a year the Panel should last me.....
45.67 Years
Has anyone ever owned a television in usage for that long?

Not saying you shouldn't do what that article says. In fact I think you should. I just never knew these values before its ridicules.

That is not how plasma life works. It has a half-life, as in an amount of time it takes for its brightness to degrade by half. The worse your TV is tuned, the shorter this will be, and the quicker it will become noticeable.

I didn't know that either. Well I did know that. I just would have never thought about it in terms of phosphors and half-life.

I didn't know that either. Well I did know that. I just would have never thought about it in terms of phosphors and half-life.

phosohors?

half life is as in like the half life of Uranium, for ex:

though for LCD tvs, you dont have to worry about this as much?

phosohors?

Yeah thats what I got from this article comparing DLP to Plasmas, and Wikipedia.

"Manufacturers of plasma have estimated the life of these phosphors to be about 60,000 hours. The life of the plasma display itself is usually determined by half-life of the phosphors. So at 30,000 hours the phosphors will be at their half-life, and the viewer will be seeing an image that has half the brightness capability that it did when originally purchased."

http://www.dlptvreview.com/dlptv/plasmatelevision.html

538482a4.jpg

4a47b234.jpg

This is my 46" Sony LCD TV Model number is KDL-46V5000, this tv rocks, 120hz this tv has a great picture, these pics are bad because this was uploaded via my iphone. i'll get better pics soon...

that tv is huuge! doesnt it look too big for the room? I know it would in my room XD I'd have to have a 37" - 42" max or it will be too big looking

Back
Top Bottom