tips when putting together my computer?

sef24

Baseband Member
so I have every piece needed for my built computer except the tower itself which will be here this tuesday, which includes....

gigabyte p55-ud6
w corsair power supply
xfx radeon 5770 v card
WD 1tb 7200 hard drive
intel core i5 processor
two corsair 2g ram
windows 7 home prem
coolmaster raf full tower 932
cd/dvd drive

please no "you should of gotten this and not this" in this thread.

ive never built my own computer before and like to know anything I should know before I do it.
ive already installed the processor, added the heat sink, processor fan and the ram, now needing the tower before I can do anything else.

also a question,
the p55-ud6 motherboard has 5 slots where the ram can be put in it seems (3 blue and 2 white),does it matter where i put them in? i just had them put in on the farthest left and one near the middle.

thanks

Always look at the manual to figure out which Dimm's for the memeory.

No 1. Tip

Make sure you know what ESD (elctro-static discharge) is and how to prevent it from happening to your new parts and your build.

I am on my first to and some more advice is just to read read and read more online. There is even a ton of pretty good videos on youtube and google.

thanks all, ill be checking out those videos and guides! i was originally going to have this computer place do it for me for a fee but when i went there the guy was so rude saying "why would you buy the computer parts if you dont know how to build it?" DUH thats why i just asked you to build it for me. and basicly said im retarded for buying the parts from newegg and tigerdirect, wanted to slap him.

so yea, i checked out some videos and the motherboard manuel and it isnt that hard at all, well sort of. really excited to get this together :)

edit: also for the static discharge, ive seen a video saying that everytime im ready to touch it i should discharge myself, which i assume that whenever i touch something that would normally shock me, discharges me. hoping im right hehe

Back
Top Bottom