Random Chit Chat

Since when is it against the rules to comment on a thread when you report it?
Was it spam? I always considered it counter-productive to comment on spam. They are usually best ignored. I'm assuming this is what you are referring to since I've seen you do it.

yeah, I usually post 'reported' in the thread so other users don't report it too. It saves them time, so I figured it would be okay.

And it tells non-users that this isn't supposed to be in the forums.

yeah, I usually post 'reported' in the thread so other users don't report it too. It saves them time, so I figured it would be okay.

And it tells non-users that this isn't supposed to be in the forums.

I almost always put "reported" in spam threads that I report. It just makes sense. Why send a bunch or "reports" saying the same thing to the mods? It lets everyone know that you don't need to click the button and report gain. I see no problem with that.

I really hate the trend of glossy televisions. Not only is it hard to maintain, it also looks cheap on the majority of televisions out there. Very few can pull it off with class.

Who neg repped you for that?

Personally as a mod I would rather have 50 people report the same thing and no one write anything in the thread. If a spammer comes on and does 20 spam posts in a few minutes and someone comments on every one it makes a hell of a lot more work for the mods cause they have to go and look at every single spam post and not only move those but also the comments after them. But if no one comments on it then the mod can just move all of the spammers posts with 1 click and not have a heap of comments left behind.

I really hate the trend of glossy televisions. Not only is it hard to maintain, it also looks cheap on the majority of televisions out there. Very few can pull it off with class.

You talking the bezel or the actual screen?

Who neg repped you for that?

Personally as a mod I would rather have 50 people report the same thing and no one write anything in the thread. If a spammer comes on and does 20 spam posts in a few minutes and someone comments on every one it makes a hell of a lot more work for the mods cause they have to go and look at every single spam post and not only move those but also the comments after them. But if no one comments on it then the mod can just move all of the spammers posts with 1 click and not have a heap of comments left behind.

Yeah well that would only be a few extra steps. If no one wrote reported, then what if 10 or 20 members decide to report it if it was not needed? That's just stupid. I mean, it's common courtesy to let others know that something is "taken care of already" so-to-speak.

If no one wrote reported, then what if 10 or 20 members decide to report it if it was not needed? That's just stupid. I mean, it's common courtesy to let others know that something is "taken care of already" so-to-speak.

Then you get 20 emails on each report. Thats no bother to me you can tell it is the same post reported with just one glance. I would rather that than have to go and move 20 individual spam posts.This is just what I prefer. You don't have to agree with me. A hell of a lot of times someone reports a spam post and writes reported after it...then 10 other members come and report the same one after it.

Yeah well that would only be a few extra steps.

Well that's where you are wrong. It is a hell of a lot of extra steps. ESPECIALLY when the site is going thorough one of its periods of sloooow loading. It can take 10-15 minutes to get rid of a bunch of spam like that some days.

Back
Top Bottom