Has "hard-work" paid off?

I read in an article college "ALL i ever do is study" no. 1: MIT. For all those who don't know. There are colleges that are hard to get into but easy to graduate: Duke...Brown. And colleges relatively easier to get into but ass raping ensues: MIT...CalTech...any Tech school.

Tech schools are def hard, MTU isn't as widely known as MIT, but it sure as hell is hard, and does a good job with engineering. And what urbandictionary says about MTU, "Engineering school Located in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Students with the brains of MIT students but because of a poor guy/girl ratio they kill off all the smart cells with massive amounts of alochol.
"yeah i went to michigan tech once, i cant remember what happened"

"Michigan Technological University, out drinking you since 1885""

In all seriousness, good luck man, I think you will do fine there. You've already taken plenty of college classes I think, so you know what it's like already. For me, I held a 4.0 GPA in high school without even trying, in college, I spend hours every day working on homework and whatnot just to try and keep a 3.5 GPA, it's way different. How you did in high school doesn't matter a whole lot(no child left behind screws over us Americans), but if you learned to study hard in high school, or you can make yourself do so once you get to college(that's how I did it), than you can do great.

Keep working hard, even if it doesn't work out this time. -- I've fallen short of goals once or twice, but you'll never achieve them if you quit.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks everyone. 12 hours and 44 minutes to decision time. If this doesn't go through, I at least got accepted to a good fall-back school (Georgia Tech), and if I don't get much financial aid there I have scholarships at KU. However, I'd really like this to come through. It's been my goal for the longest time. I'll keep working hard regardless, and if I don't get accepted, I'll definitely be applying again come grad school time.

edit: MIT is no go.

That's the plan. I don't think Stanford will accept me either. I meant, MIT was 16k applicants for 1.5k slots. I heard Stanford is looking into 30k applicants.

I hope you get it though. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get into M.I.T

Back
Top Bottom