Should I?

No. They mash clay down around the cpu socket so condensation can't make it to the board.

I've seen a few seal it with nail polish too.

I'm gonna try it either tomorrow or the next day. Gotta get my dad to agree that I can steal his PSU for a couple days.

I'm curious how high I can get the voltage with this thing.

Should I set it to max at 70C, 75C, or 80C?

You usually wrap the area in foam and towels to absorb any moisture at first but once you start going it is so cold that any moisture just instantly freezes. After you are down you unplug everything and let it sit until it thaws and let it dry before you start it up again.

Oh I see, thanks.

That's what I normally do, but I've seen people get them to like 100 and they were OK.

I normally tell the BIOS to shut down at 75C when I'm doing really heavy overclocking.

I Suppose if you have enough money for another CPU Should anything happen to this one,then push it as hard as you want,in OC'ing you either go hard or go home :D!

Just got the supplies. 700w PSU, some painters plastic, duct tape, a shop vac, and a leafblower. I'm gonna set up now, and its happening in the morning. I'm excited!

Cooler mounted. Took 20 minutes. The Orochi has the worst mounting system I have ever seen. I had 100 pounds of pressure on the damn thing and it still couldn't mount right, because it moves whenever you have enough pressure to clip it. Both tabs are now bent severely, and have pliers marks but whatever its mounted.

EDIT: It seems to be *almost* stable at 20x200 @1.6375v
I'm thinking OS error because I'm running prime95 under wine. Anyway Iam installing XP right now because debian can't read the temp sensors on my cpu.

EDIT 2: Got a shop vac cooling the CPU. It's really cold outside today (50's) so it might work well.

EDIT 3: XP intall keeps giving me a BSOD, I think I'm gonna have to get a new CD.

EDIT 4: LMAO Windows is giving me an error box that simply say 'The Push' and wants me to press ok

EDIT 5: 20.5x200 @1.675v...hot but seems to be stable

EDIT 6: RAIN!!! I had to move the shop vac in. Its supposed to continue all night. Darn, right when I got to the fun part. Anyway I got an epic idea when i was bringing the shop vac in. The huge fan on our air conditioner must move 2000CFMs. I am gonna bring the mobo outside tomorrow morning and figure out a way to use that.

Can anyone tell me why the vcore tops out at 1.675? It won't boot if I set it any higher.
Am I topping out the 18A CPU rail?!

OCZ Z series 1000w

The freaking ups returned it to OCZ for some reason. I guess my address was wrong on the box. Anyway, looks like its gonna be more waiting until I get the thing.

Back
Top Bottom