Need Serious help.

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
So I decided to help my friend re-install his PC. I was able to get Win7 working on it, but his old wireless router doesn't want to work. Routers name is WDL G132 according to D-Links website, it only supports Win XP and 2000. According to this site, http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...etworking&sc=Wireless Network Cards&os=32-bit it supports win 7. Anyways I had tried all 3 different driver versions that I could get from the D-link, non of them worked. After the installations it would ask me to restart and after that would give me an error when ever i try to open the installed drivers, I have to do that in order to configure the wireless USB stick to my wireless router.

The newly desktop icon im trying to open is the "D-Link AirPlus Utility", but only get this error, name = "AirPlusCFG.exe - Entry point not found:" contains "The procedure entry point aspGetInterfaceCount could not be located in the dynakic link library wlanapi.dll."

I really dont want to have to install Win Xp back on his PC, but I must get this router to work (wireless only).

Please help.

UPDATE

So I was able to find the link that dresses my problem, http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=358 however when I try to install this, the installer open up but then closes. Tried it a bunch of time, ing different compatibility modes as well as "Running as Administrator" option, nothing work.

:(

Yeah it would be best to use the wireless function from windows not the manufactures software, try that and see if it works.

Well nothing worked... i was able to get the latest drivers installed, but when I try to open the desktop icon or any .exe in the programs folder it simply just doesnt open. Atheros did do anything.

I am installing win XP now in hopes it will work.

I have a laptop in my fathers room where I was able to connect the wireless USB stick and everything worked fine up to the point where it started connecting to my router, I got to the point where it was "Acquiring a signal" or something like that and thats it, it would just get stock there... My wireless router works I know that, I can use my iphone to connect to it. I never been good with networking, is there something I need to do or change?

Thanks

The wireless router is different than the wireless receiver in the computer. The router broadcasts the signal throughout the range, and the receiver (or adapter) picks it up and processes the data so you can go online.

Windows 7 comes with thousands of pre-packed drivers and should've been able to find a generic driver for your wireless adapter. If not, you might just need to get a new adapter if you want to use Windows 7.

This equipment (DWL-G132) should be functional with the base operating system of Windows 7. -- As you can see here, the adapter does not require additional software to be installed.

If you really want to use Windows 7, try installing it again and this time try to seek out wireless devices without installing additional software. -- In fact, open Device Manager and see if the device is installed and it should be. If you need assistance on how to connect to a wireless network on Windows 7, look here.

Try it out, and tell me how it works. -- Good luck!

Bahawolf thanks for your input,

I currently have Win7 on my PC and tried to get the USB wireless to work for the last 2 hours. The automatic hardware discovery function cant seem to find drivers. "Add a device" function in win7 also cant find anything.

Device manager has a yellow exclamation mark in the "Other Devices" - "USB WLAN Device" I tried right clicking it and updating the drivers, but that did nothing.

After lots of headache I think I was able to get it working, at least it works with my router. My boy just took him PC home, I showed him how to connect it to his router, hopefully it works out, but im sure I can expect few call from him.

Anyways thanks for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom