AMD Phenom II X4

ll001q9010

Beta member
Hi

I have an abit NF-M2P motherbaord with an AMD athlon X2 6000+ processor installed. I have purchased an AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.2Ghz processor but when i installed this my workstation would not boot (no bleep) the machine powered up but there was no post screen

Any ideas

Cheers

Ste

:)

Sounds like your motherboard doesn't support the AM3 CPU. It could be a simple as a BIOS update or a new motherboard.

You sure the motherboard is an ABIT NF-M2P?

EDIT: Yea here it is... ABIT NF-M2P. The motherboard doesn't support the AM3 Phenom II 955 CPU.

What motherboard do you have? Is the bios updated to current? Have you checked the simple stuff like making sure the 12V plug is connected etc.

oops overlooked that he stated what his mobo was. Sorry my bad

Hi thanks for the quick reply,

Yes the MB is an Abit NF-M2P, i did check online to make sure this processor was compatible with an AM2 MB and also checked with the supplier. Do you think clearing the CMOS might do the trick?

Ste :)

Yea.

Try clearing the BIOS. If this doesn't and there's no BIOS update for AM3 support on this motherboard then it won't work.

Just had a look around the Abit site and it seems the best CPU you can run is the Phenom 9950 (AM2+) CPU with BIOS version 10.

Back
Top Bottom