Weird cache issue

Kage

Golden Master
I just ran a program called Fresh Diagnose (its crap as I now know, as it doesn't let you bench without paying), and found an option to check 'Traces', which checks for cache, etc that the program can find, from the Internet, etc.

Now, I cleared all of Firefox's cache, and all of IE's cache from the programs and Fresh Diagnose could still find a load of sites I've visited in the past (hundreds).

I then proceeded to install CCleaner, and ran that.

Still, the program can still read all the cache it previously could.

Where the heck is it all being stored if Firefox, IE, and CCleaner can't get rid of it?
They are definitely sites I've visited, so I know its not the program faking information

Hi Kage, I had a similar sort of query a while back.

In the address bar in firefox, have you tried typing:

about:cache

it brings up a lot of useful info about the cache and files (which as i remember are edittable)

theres also:

about:config

I dont know if you have looked in each of these - may provide something useful?

EDIT: As i remember doesnt actually tell you where they are PHYSICALLY kept (off the top of my head) and you probably allready checked this :/

Thanks, and yes I have :p

CCleaner seems to rid of the cache from here, and so should the default Firefox cleaner built in.

Only issue is, the contents must be going somewhere else.
If in Private Browsing mode for example...

I just want to know where, so I can actually rid of it. Fresh Diagnose which found the files doesn't say where the files are, or allows you to remove them. Says the idea is concept only, but they are definitely on the machine.

They're just web address history, but would still like to get rid of them

EDIT:

Turns out a restart must have done it. Just recent browsing history is there now. Weird.

Thanks anyway though :)

Restart lol ;)

What about to make it easier for future reference go into about:config

One of the fields in there is the parent directory for the disk cache.

You can add / modify the string to save it anywhere you like (maybe somewhere a bit more accessible - and i dont know if this saves the browsing history to be honest)

Just trying to get some posts in here too :p I see 43 posts by me and I think 'NEWB'

Heh thanks :p

Just keep the posts meaning something, and you'll be fine :rolleyes:

Try and beat my post count. I think 'GODLY'

windows has a hidden cache that your browser does not delete. ATF clears it, you can go to the hidden folder and clear them or you can clear them from the cmd prompt.

Back
Top Bottom