Eclipse JAVA Tutorials

There's a guy on youtube, his name is thenewboston and he has all kinds of tutorials. Many for Java, but also for other things as well.

Why do you want tutorials specifically to do with eclipse? I wouldn't suggest adopting a fully fledged IDE until you've grasped at least the basics of OO, the features it provides will most likely hinder earlier on instead of help. It's better to go with an IDE like BlueJ to start with, at least for the first few months.

Have a look at the official sun walkthroughs - you know they're correct. A lot of other third party resources I've looked at are questionable at best, downright incorrect at worst.

I've had a look at some of those videos, and they're not bad - but there are things the guy does that I'd question, such as his use of printf all the time (I'd use the normal println method instead because it's easier to see what's happening) and his use of class names starting with lower case letters (an absolute no-no that will get you shot in the real world! All classes should start with an upper case letter.)

Back
Top Bottom