Random Chit Chat

pretty much, but you want to make sure things like optical drives, HDD's, fans, etc. are well distributed.

You will still lose a good bit of power, but should have enough.

Might want to look at single rail PSUs also. Trust me, it's worth it.

Amen. Not that they are the only one cuz I know Rosewill has some, but this is why I prefer Corsair for my PSUs. Specifically their single rail models.

I still don't see a difference except the total output, and the -12V. Unless I am missing something.

The internals are obviously different. They can't sell power supplies that are exactly the same and market one as better than the other. That's illegal. It's called false advertisement. You aren't going to NOTICE a nominal difference unless they let their formula/specifics out on how they build these two PSUs...which they aren't going to do.

The only one I can find within my price range is this
CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W. It's 50W less than the OCZ though.
However, I can get the OCZ for $45 after MIR at Micro Center, which is why I'm leaning towards the OCZ.

Either that, save up. I mean, it's the blood and guts of your system. Don't skimp and don't cut it close.

I was always told to get the OCZ 600W back then in this forum when I first got my 680i LT mobo, and asking what PSU should I get to SLI. Also, there's a lot of praise on OCZ PSU, which is another reason I looked at OCZ PSU.
I'm trying to get a new PSU before my other 8800GT arrive, which I think it's this upcoming Monday. I don't see any income coming till the end of March.

I just remembered.... my 1010w OCZ had quad 20A rails.... wtf?

Thats almost no difference.

BTW rep to whoever can figure out both the mobo and GPU I posted in the computer parts guessing game thread. GO!!!!

Don't take it as I don't like OCZ!!! I have always used OCZ before I started dealing with Corsair. Plus, I only order Corsair when they have good sales/rebates.

Back
Top Bottom