Random Chit Chat

OCZ rebate is reliable right?

EDIT - Did I break the thread by double posting?

Its quad rail. you will lose a good bit of power in that, so I would get a 700 for more headroom. 600 should be ok though. My 9600 GSO runs ok on a 305w bestec psu.... lol

Have the forums been down all day for everybody? I used downforeveryoneorjustme.com, but I don't trust it too much.

EDIT: OCZ is good. RMA takes quite a while though.

OCZ StealthXStream 700W
+3.3V@36A,+5V@30A,+12V1@18A,+12V2@18A,+12V3@18A, +12V4@18A,-12V@0.8A,+5VSB@3.0A

OCZ StealthXStream 600W
+3.3V@36A,+5V@30A,+12V1@18A,+12V2@18A,+12V3@18A,+12V4@18A,-12V@0.5A,+5VSB@3.0A

Doesn't seem like there is a difference except the -12V. I ran PSU calculator, and my setup never went past 550W at peak.

Isn't the OCZ Rebate center different from their RMA center?

I thought the PSU distribute the power itself. How would I distribute it myself?
I think the forum is still kinda messed up, it's not registering some posts, and now it looks like I double posted 2 times...

Certain cables are on certain rails. Its up to you to make sure they are being used evenly.

Single rail is better because not all the power is used on any rail, so instead of having a little extra on one, there is extra on four.

...if that makes sense.

BTW, I ran into a certain someone on OCN today....

17-341-010-S03.jpg

I was looking at this picture, the first 12V will go to the CPU, second 12V will go to one of my 8800GT, the third 12V will be for the mobo and stuff, and the fourth 12V will go to my other 8800GT. Or at least that is when I am seeing. Should be good right?

pretty much, but you want to make sure things like optical drives, HDD's, fans, etc. are well distributed.

You will still lose a good bit of power, but should have enough.

Might want to look at single rail PSUs also. Trust me, it's worth it.

The INTERNALS are DIFFERENT. Do not just go by the figures on NewEgg as they don't tell the whole story:

Page 4 comparison
This and that.

I still don't see a difference except the total output, and the -12V. Unless I am missing something.

pretty much, but you want to make sure things like optical drives, HDD's, fans, etc. are well distributed.

You will still lose a good bit of power, but should have enough.

Might want to look at single rail PSUs also. Trust me, it's worth it.

Alright, I'll check some out later. I only have 3 120MM fans (2 LED), 2 SATA HDD, and 1 IDE DVD ROM BTW.

Back
Top Bottom