terabyte drive?

I'd be doing it once a day haha...

I had one 500GB drive last year go from working, to the next day, dead. Litterally. It gave no real indications that I could tell, that it was going at all.

I always had one problem with my computer though, that I always wondered what was causing it, where the PC would stop functioning every second and carry on. Sound would stop and start, etc; the mouse would jolt also.

But I got used to that, and after a restart, it was fine for weeks, and then would randomly do it again.

Since getting 2 new 500GB drives, I got that happening again once 2 weeks ago. So, could it be, I'm losing yet another drive?

I have a 160GB Raptor and really don't notice much of a difference except that Windows loads a little bit faster, aside from that...? nada...but I also didn't pay full price, $80 about a year ago, so I was willing to see if it would make a difference...

I have it so I use it for my OS drive, but if I had it to do over again I would have just bought one of the bigger fast drives, probably a samsung spinpoint...

well I just imagine at that point is going to be an epic rip off. Someone can sell 1 yoctobyte but "misspell" it as yottobytes or something...and instead of a mole of bytes (yottabyte), they get 10^-24 (yoctobyte). Even in the future ppl will be ripped off for being stupid
We kinda already got that with mb and MB. mega-bytes and Mega-Bits.

This sucker is around 100kb.

4310964836_f0362a4725.jpg

We got two of them at the computer museum here in NJ.

My cousin (an IT) said SSDs are gonna take over. See I just don't think the price is going to come down too much as long as people keep buying HDDs for massive storage. Is there gonna be a breaking point? Like where SSDs become so large HDDs just can't get that far...like 100TB. Because SSD tech has been getting better and better. Flash drives used to be 100 dollars for a 2 gig and I got an 16 gig for 15 dollars the other day. Question is....you guys think the 1TB SSD is gonna be cheap enough for the layman soon?

Back
Top Bottom