Which desktop combo deal is better for gaming from newegg.com?

Personally I would probably go for the i7 deal here.

Allthough personally I like AMD builds, You get 6gb of RAM, with the i7 and its triple channel not dual channel..

I dont know wether or not you are intending to upgrade this maybe in the near future or ever?? Or are you going to over clock?

You could probably get the AMD Phenom up to 4Ghz with a little work.

I also like the storm scout casing a lot more :D

^ No way.

5770 CF would destroy GTS 250 SLI, and for purely7 high end gaming, a Phenom II actually outperforms an i7.

I own a 5770 and GTS250, and I can say the 5770 easily outruns the GTS250. Don't get me wrong, the 250 is a more then capable card that is awesome for the price, but the 5770 has more horsepower, and is comparable to a GTX260 core 216.

I go for the Intel for the X58. Both systems are great and both systems are about the same price. If your not a fan guy of either I would....

Flip a coin,
Ask a Magic 8 Ball,
Look for guidance from YODA, etc.

If I had only those two options to chose from. I go with the INTEL system.
1. I like that case better.
2. I like the P6T board and have lots of experience with it.
3. X58
4. I prefer the OCZ name brand over the Kingston name brand for RAM

ummm he asked which is better for gaming. The AMD one would destroy the intel one in games.
I think when you're using processors that speed, with that much over head, the video card is going to bottleneck it far before the processor makes a difference, if it ever really will. I say it just comes down to personal preference.
I go for the Intel for the X58. Both systems are great and both systems are about the same price. If your not a fan guy of either I would....

Flip a coin,
Ask a Magic 8 Ball,
Look for guidance from YODA, etc.

If I had only those two options to chose from. I go with the INTEL system.
1. I like that case better.
2. I like the P6T board and have lots of experience with it.
3. X58
4. I prefer the OCZ name brand over the Kingston name brand for RAM
I actually have had much better luck with Kingston. I've had a couple faulty OCZ chips, will never go back to their products.

I actually have had much better luck with Kingston. I've had a couple faulty OCZ chips, will never go back to their products.

Yeah i'm the same way with a few companies. Seems like once they leave that bad taste it never goes away.

I have OCZ in my P6T because I got a really really good deal on it. I did get some bad Reaper RAM that gave me all kinds of trouble. I just viewed it as a fluke thing because so many peeps recommend them. I normally use G.skill for my budget RAM and Corsair for my higher end stuff.

Back
Top Bottom