i would just like to say.

iLLTry

Baseband Member
After owning a HD 4850 for a while i can honestly say Nvidia for the win.
Im not saying ATI is bad they do make good products.
But nvidia just runs things smoother and i cant really explain it anyone else with me NVIDIA ALL THE WAY!!!

ummm no I can't say the same.

The ATI 'driver issues' are entirely a fanboi thing, it never actually happens, and having used both, I can easily say ATI's drivers are much better. Took me four hours to install Nvidia control panel yesterday, then the system started giving me a BSOD every boot, and is now unusable...

As far as Nvidia running things smoother... what Nvidia card is this? Of course it's going to run smoother with a faster card.

Its personal preference

I like Nvidia and ATI.

In My HTPC's I have issues with "some" ATI Drivers concerning overscan values and adjusting those values without adverse side effects.

When we are talking about High end Video cards I will be honest they are equal in my real life application. I know people are gonna whine about that statement.

I have both ATI and Nvidia competitor cards. Both cards are easy to install and both do well.

I am using Nvidia 285 cards right now in my Game Machine, ATI in two of my HTPC's and a Nvidia in another HTPC.

After owning a HD 4850 for a while i can honestly say Nvidia for the win.
Im not saying ATI is bad they do make good products.
But nvidia just runs things smoother and i cant really explain it anyone else with me NVIDIA ALL THE WAY!!!

i think you posted this just to ruffle some feathers.

i use a 4850.

and it plays anything on max or damn near it.
Smoothly

bush_doing_it_wrong.jpg

They're equal in my eyes. Nvidia pulled a major ass hat move by limiting SLI to their chipsets. ATI has eyefinity, and currently has the fastest video card and single GPU on the market. Not to mention at lower cost for performance compared to Nvidia's cards. So, your argument is invalid at the moment. When the GTX3XX cards come out we'll see, but as of now this is a pointless thread just made in a pathetic attempt at some flaming.

Who cares who has the fastest GPU or video card?

It seems that this will throw the entire market, even low-end GPU's. Whoever has thew fastest card does better.

Back
Top Bottom