Liquid Cooling

nbrikha

In Runtime
Alright, so my rig draws nearer and nearer. So everything else is set. Now I want to get my liquid cooling system set. Pump, reservoir, radiator, and waterblocks (all chips)...not that I'm waterblocking everything, but that question is for later. Any good suggestions?

Also, is there a good article about liquid cooling? How it works, the functions of the parts, and what makes a good part. Not that I don't know how it works, but I like being thorough.

read Grant's guide in the overclocking section.

You have a budget? It'l cost $200-300.

Or do like I suggested before, and get the Tt Armor lcs case, a good waterblock (apogee XT is best) some better tubing, and stop there. Considering that you were already gonna buy a case, this will cost less that $100 and be just as effective, and you won't have to worry about mounting the radiator.

No budget and there is no worry. I live amongst engineers and I love having a project and a problem to solve. And I really don't like the Tt Armor case. nothing against it or your taste, I just don't like its looks and I don't like settling when I don't have to. 200-300...whatever. I just want it good

ummm ok then. The Tt case actually comes with very good liquid cooling parts.

Anyway, go with this:
Swiftech MCR220
Swiftech Apogee XT
XSPC Passive reservoir
Danger Den DD-CPX pump
Get 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD tubing and some anti-kink coil if you want it to look cool
1/2" G1/4 Barbs (compression looks better and is easier and you don't have to fool with hose clamps)
hose clamps

I might provide links later if I have time, but for now, google is your friend.

no problem. FrozenCPU is typically a few dollars more than other places, so go google shopping then price low-high and go from there to save a few bucks.

You want to cool anything else? I have my NB and video card blocked and it's amazing.

My 4870 x2, which is normally a friggin space heater can't get above 45 degrees even when overclocked to 820/1020 with 1500mv vcore.

I know I want to WB my VGA, already added a block for that. I was wondering about NB and MOSFETS. Worth it?
While we're at it, I'm not too sure about my motherboard anymore. Good suggestion (no budget again) for a high quality, OCing 1366 mobo?

what video card, and what block have you chosen?

NB might be worth it if you plan to overclock it heavily, I have mine at 2900 MHz. I see no point in blocking the mosfets.

ASUS P6T is a very good 1366 board.

Why are you building a new rig? Your B50 rig could be very good with a bit of work.

Going with a 5870 and I realized the one I picked wasn't compatible

What about MOSFETS

You will need to find a reference model 5870, which is getting harder and harder.

IIRC, the ASUS one is still reference.

Why are you building an i7 rig, when you already have a B50?

Back
Top Bottom