My browser

Rogue01

Solid State Member
So this is what tinkering with VB has produced for me : A browser.

Download link here.

Thoughts? Criticism/Reviews are welcome, please suggest how I can improve it if possible.

Sorry, but I for one am not trying it out until I get my VM back up and running. You may find not many members are going to be willing to download a random exe from a new member and run it on their main box!

Its nice, but too basic. And the layout is crappy. Just make sure to lay it out better, give slightly less gloss and some more abilities your on your way to the NetShark Browser that is standard on all windows 8 OSes! (Sorry for exaggerating :D)

Please suggest ways to reduce gloss and suggest abilities for addition.I will try and add the abilities.Also please tell me how the layout could be better.

EDIT: As for trust, tell me what will convince you? A screenie perhaps?

Try to organize it so the icons are all neat, and the "Set homepage" Thing should be a setting in a dropdown menubar, and just give a few more functions, like history. Think things up yourself and get a cool idea, like instant anonymity with a click of a button!

Putting a bit of a downer on things - but you do know your browser is basically just IE7 with a different interface on top?

If you want to know what features to include, just look at other browsers out there - bookmarks, history, options and that sort of thing. The sky is really your limit here, you're never feasibly going to run out of things to include (though I personally think you should sort out what you've got before you put a load of new stuff in.)

Oh and you also need to seriously sort your window resizing out - you don't get any scrollbars when you reduce the size of the window and the elements don't expand to fit when you maximize it. That's a complete no-no!

Back
Top Bottom