Radon

Solid State Member
Hi all,

Just created my first website and was hoping for some educated comments on it.

I have noticed when I use browser shots the page does not always display properly and some html editors have told me my code is crap.

However displays well on IE6 to 8 and firefox.

www.athomepctraining.com.au/About.htm

Any help or advise would be beneficial.

What browsers aer you having problems with mate? Different browsers render in different ways, so we should be able to help if you can identify where the problems are.

As far as the site goes, it's not ugly, it's nice and simple to use, but i'd recommend labelling the buttons at the top, or doing some custom ones that look consistent because they are not all clearly obvious as to what the page they link to is

It's a pretty simplistic site, but not an altogether bad one. I've certainly seen far worse, and while it's not the most flashy thing on the planet that's far better than adding loads of crap that makes the thing hard to navigate.

However, assuming you wrote the HTML yourself it is questionable. Tags should all be in lower case these days for a start. And beyond that, you should really be validating all the HTML you use (if it's valid then all browsers should display it properly - and if they don't it's bugs with the browser, not you.)

As you can see from your validation check here, you've got quite a bit of work to do if you want it to validate! And that's just with HTML4. These days you should really be aiming for validation using XHTML strict, and if that's the case...

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...Strict&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator/1.767

Ouch.

Back
Top Bottom